Tfw arch toolchain is updated

>tfw arch toolchain is updated
>kernel and driver updates are being built and pushed even faster
>even pacman is getting updates now
Haters gonna hate

Attached: 1640260933498.gif (220x302, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im trans btw :)

62 years later and Arch users are STILL trying to get Pacman to work properly?!

I don't know what OP is referring to, it stopped overwriting system configs by default several years ago and got multithreaded downloading a while ago. Not sure what else there is to update, but the main dev is a rustoid now so that might have something to do with it

>Not sure what else there is to update
bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj3
There's still lots of bugs that need to be fixed. Also they accepted a manual intervention notice as an official feature reques (11 years ago kek), I'm hoping that's eventually a thing instead of having to use the pacmatic wrapper in community repo.

HOLY

Attached: 1642989601492.jpg (225x225, 11.07K)

88 Miles per hour!

Attached: newbie arch linux.jpg (720x405, 85.65K)

>arch toolchain is updated
what?

The maintainers for glibc and other core libraries and utilities updated them, they were flagged out of date for a year. Also work has begun again on the RBS.

what's the point of arch over gentoo? Seems pointless

Bruh who tf has time to compile all that shit

I recently joined the Arch HYPE TRAIN.

Hopefully this is my last stop in distro hopping.

Attached: 1645890018507.jpg (3840x2160, 1.04M)

>glibc out of date for a year
The absolute state.

Only anecdotal and N=1, but Arch cured my distrohopping (if you ignore Arch Linux ARM and Parabola GNU/Linux, which are still just Arch but slightly different).
I stopped distrohopping because of Arch about 9 years ago.

I've noticed that for a lot of people, their endgame distro ends up being either Debian or Arch. Only been on Arch for a few days so far but I'm finding that I'm liking it more the longer I spend on it.

And then some people who are smart and never leave Mint.

As a tip get pacmatic, it's a wrapper (you use it in the same way as pacman, and can just alias it), it will notify you of interventions.
There's also the Arch Linux archive mirror, which will allow you rollback to a specific date if something goes wrong.
Arch requires a bit of diligence, but it's easily the best distribution for desktop use out there.

Make it N=2. I still try out other distros I find interesting in VMs, but I haven't moved from arch in ages, nothing else is as comfy.

Use whatever you want.

just use arch
cute arch penguin waifu included

Attached: 1646636383186.png (3840x2160, 1.74M)

Thank you for beta testing my system for free.

But user arch only uses stable upstream releases