Distro setups

>Gaming/mining PC
Arch linux, for new drivers and stuff.
>Server
Debian or Ubuntu, for stability, and good support
>Work laptop
Debian or Ubuntu, so that work environment is close to that of the server.

Which distros do you run where, anons?

Attached: computer_penguin.png (1600x1200, 1001.56K)

nixos in the only one computer that I have

>Personal computer laptop
GNU Guix
>Server
GNU Guix
>Work laptop
fagOS, work doesn't permit gnu/linux

I only have one desktop PC with Ubuntu 20.04, works bretty good.

For me it's Windows 10

>npc gaymer opinion no. 3425705
just kill yourself brother, why are you even here

>Gaming/Workstation
openSUSE Tumbleweed
>Work/Uni laptop
openSUSE Tumbleweed
>Server
FreeBSD 13

debian on personal laptop
garuda on backup laptop (only one to recognize the build in eMMc though i probably could workaround that, have learned much over the past year)
debian with xfce on pi
and ubuntu touch on phone
also have an usb with ubuntu installed just in case something wont boot so i can do a rescue quest

>Gaming/Regular usage
Mint
>Server
Raspbian
>Work
Windows 10

I am running Windows 11, but i am thinking about trying out the new ubuntu lts when it comes out or fedora.

>Desktop
Arch
>laptop
Linux Mint cause it just works and I use it for school
>server
Oracle Linux cause it was the default on the free tier vps oracle offers and I only use it for minecraft anyway

>download fedora
>download escape from tarkov and wine
>battleye stops me from playing
lmao nice "OS". maybe it works on generic distro #472 instead?
you know something is shit if it has 50 different flavors floating around and none of them just werks

>Doesn't work for [INSERT SPECIFIC APPLICATION], must be shit huh
Gaming on linux has never been the draw. It is however transitioning to also include this, but it will take a while. There is progress underway tho.
There are many distros because the software isn't locked down proprietary garbage. This gives people the opportunity to make specific distros for specific preferences / applications. This is a plus, not a negative.
Filtered much?

Smart man.

>Main Laptop
Arch. I like Debian Stable more honestly but disapprove strongly of their CoC/ToS/SJW stuff. Still getting used to Arch.
>HTPC (Gaming + Jellyfin)
Windows LTSC IoT. Had an issue where my 1660S wouldn't stop ramping the fans to the moon on Linux regardless of distro or driver version. I don't like using Windows and it's been a few months, will probably check soon to see if an update fixed anything.
>Wife's Laptop, Jellyfin Clients
Mint. I have one laptop that stays shoved behind a TV and operates only as a Jellyfin receiver or Glava visualizer for music, for both that one and my wife's laptop it's very convenient to just turn on auto-updates and forget about it, since I don't directly interact with those machines often.

Attached: 1646315098886.png (541x506, 157.62K)

>Main PC
Artix with ZFS
>Laptop
FreeBSD
>Server
Debian or Alpine

Debian everywhere. Fuck worrying about bleeding edge "updates" and rice. Debian just werks.

Attached: spedepasanen.jpg (500x350, 16.8K)

>Desktop
Windows 10
>Laptop
Void Linux
>Server
FreeBSD

Attached: 6dd.gif (546x658, 504.4K)

>Gaming/General use
OpenSUSE Tumbleweed or Arch depends if you prefer an OOTB or a DIY distro
>Server
Debian or Ubuntu
>Work
OpenSUSE Leap

Doesn't Arch Linux have an old outdated C compiler toolchain?

Gaming - Fedora
Server - Debian
Work laptop - Fedora
feels good to be a chad

Have fun with your little NSA distro

>laptop
arch
>home server 1
arch
>home server 2
arch
>vps
ubuntu
>dev phone
postmarketos
>raspberry pi based dust collector
raspbian
Honestly Arch has been so far the least annoying and very stable distro (one or two packaging fuckups aside), even on both of my servers. I was thinking about moving to some (RH)EL or derivatives, or back to Debian, but I don't like that they have installers that do things the way they want. I also no longer understand the benefits of fixed release distros.
Alpine looks cute for a smol container only server, but I tend to do random things on host sometimes and it would no longer be so minimal. Vast repos of Arch and AUR are a benefit in that case, I'm so spoiled by them.

>j-j-just little bit moar
>it-t-t is almost there!1!!1

Keep seething and start doing more productive shit in life

Attached: 1646681462293.png (540x722, 512.32K)