I got a bsc in mech...

I got a bsc in mech. engineering and really regret it because salary is shit and basically doesnt increase because it's a dying field at large, i'm going back to uni to reroll my degree, is CS still good?

Attached: 9974.jpg (2048x1536, 388.42K)

we are full faggot, tech is not for people who make bad decisions.

>tech is not for people who make bad decisions
big doubt on this one

don't subject yourself to going back to university, just teach yourself or take online classes to get your feet wet enough to get certs and bootcamp a little if you must
paying for a tuition and dealing with course work and superfluous shit that comes with uni is a waste of time

>bsc
Get an MSc

why is he so round?

you don't need to study CS, retard

Nah, they force you to do so much retarded purely theoretical maths for a masters just to pad your degree, you'll never use it in work and it's just psychological torture with the workload

Fuck off we're full

I'm literally coming to compete with you in a few years, you can't stop me.

no just take 6 months during which you can learn a language and post projects on github relative to where you want to go. No need for a CS degree.

>I got a bsc in mech. engineering and really regret it
I guess you are in NA. Then you should get into taking a specialized masters. Aerospace is still big there. Plus there are surely niche companies which pay well in material science.

I'm shaking in my boots.

Attached: 1635340700605.png (1056x812, 206.53K)

Is engineering really that bad? I keep reading on reddit that fresh graduates basically can’t get a job and everything is software only

you already have a degree.
just learn the basics and you're good.

graduate math is fucking easy and the 'workload' is easily outsourced to wolframalpha these days

its a good field if you want to improve learn some automatization plc microcontrolers etc .Fuck CS fags the field is filled with loosers with no life working on bloated frameworks writing shitty stuff.If you are not autistic and can talk to poeple you can do your own thing .Design mehanism and then automate it .Tech nerds can be easily replaced by another no life looser but they can't design mehanisms calculate the nesesary forces , strain, reliability trough time etc...Also even if they learn theory you still need some experience in practice to be able to do anything useful.

The thing is mechanical engineering is fun but i feel like it’s a dying field

I basically learned how to design shit in CAD, use strength theory, and implement basic machine code into shit i built.

These skills are good, but it feels like all jobs today require you to be hyperspecialized in one programming language like Python or C++, because they need like 100000 software developers for every 1 person they have actually making the physical shit the code goes into

jesus christ get a grip, go do something with your degree and you’ll be comfy in due time
I don’t know I’m soon to graduate in civil but I’m just gonna survey for a couple years

Attached: IMG_9109.png (816x1056, 1.62M)

its not dying sure its not used as much as it was in 50s (the computers were mehanical) but it will have its uses especially as we automate more stuff.You would be suprised how much companies pay for simple machines in industry.My advice if you like programing learn linux and embedded it will fit you great.There is no point in folowing the hype and going for cs webdev shit where your skills are as good as usles.

No. OP is just retarded and unmotivated, like most faggots in college. He doesn't want to learn new frameworks/languages and thinks that by doing the bare minimum, he can get by in life. Pro-tip : that's not how things work anymore. Make something out of yourself and teach yourself a skillset that will set you apart from the other mech. engineers.

Attached: Happy Kurt Russell.jpg (4278x2845, 1015.8K)

Also good reason to stay in mehanical /automatization is not having to deal with passive agressive bitches like these 2 , plebbitors and sjw diversity bulshit.Most poeple are normal and non subhuman in these industries.

no you can probably get an entry level programming job somewhere with your current degree