At any point in time, you have to ask yourself: why am I not using C++?

at any point in time, you have to ask yourself: why am I not using C++?
It:
>has greater fine tunement
>can facilitate massive project scope
>has a lot of features
>compiles to super fast binaries for any platform
>is respected by the industry, looks good on your resume
>can elevate your logic through greater layers of abstraction.
>is not dependent on one company like sun or microsoft
>is great for small programs like command line utilities

when faced with these facts, you better have some good excuses for not switching to C++ immediately

Attached: 2047348_2613402dd9_w.jpg (399x344, 86.96K)

>why am I not using C++?
Because I have C.
C++ is kind of sort of fine and has a few neat features that are nice when used sparingly but 99% of C++ programmers use it in the most retarded ways possible.

Because I've been using C++ for years, and I've come to prefer Rust.

I’ve rarely seen any c++ program that uses features out of the C scope.

I hate how C++ has completely different standards. And companies are stuck on different versions. I've heard colleagues call C++14 "modern".

>99% of C++ programmers use it in the most retarded ways possible.
C++ as a language encourages retardation. Don't hold it against the programmers themselves. It's like OOP, it has the power to turn the most brilliant of programmers into drooling retards.

C++14 is perfect man, everything past it is zoomer trash.

Attached: benissimo.jpg (474x303, 25.46K)

the name sounds stupid

programming tech from 2014 is just now reaching peak maturity, react for example

>why am I not using C++?
Because its used by

Yes user, why even use C++ if we have C, right...

C++ 17 is actually the perfect one. C++ 14 and 17 are really just refinements of 11

C++ 20 onwards is broken af on every compiler except msvc ironically.
its entering the even further beyond territory.
>coroutines
>async await
>reflection
>Transactional memory
>modules
>concepts
>stl addictions like execuutors

Attached: 1645403969887.jpg (495x600, 242.19K)

Any Forums told me to learn python

I could agree with you on that I guess, I don't really find any of C++17's features must haves and thus I avoid using them but I wouldn't mind having them.

also lots of new keywords introduced which make it incompatible with allot of libraries that use those names. like char8_t.
allot of libraries moved on to 17 so that is the sweet spot currently in terms of refinement, compatibility and power

are we on the same board?

unfortunately

char8_t is such horseshit it pisses me off more than anything else in the language. So much for backwards compatibility.

what
other way round, rarely do you use global variables, arrays, function pointers, etc.

did he ever have hair?

I hate C++. It's syntax is pure aids and most of it's features are useless. I like to program in Lisp languages but typically I write in C for the sake of simplicitly and cleanness.