/dpt/ daily programming thread

What are you working on Any Forums ?
old:

Attached: 1646116393232.png (601x600, 469.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/insky/vue-gpickr/pull/9#issuecomment-1054308947
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Or just use D like a normal person.

working on forcing myself to use IntelliJ because doing Spring development in vim is a fucking pain

holy shit user I would think so

i've been using vim + language server autocomplete for literally 10 years and never had a problem. i even did java and rust development on vim alone.

>he fell for the using Vim/Emacs outside of hobbyist scripting meme
lol

Pascal > C

github.com/insky/vue-gpickr/pull/9#issuecomment-1054308947
Based and cute. I hope he and his family will be ok.

see i've been working at various companies since 2012 and never had a problem. if anything its the devs who totally rely on IDEs that produce crappy quality code

just had an alert that i have never seen before in c++, "xxx.exe has triggered a breakpoint." during a delete call.. any idea what would cause something like that?

My binary search is working, but it's different from most implementations. For example, I used recursion rather than a while/for loop and also has search range that gets cut into half rather than high/low variables that increase/decrease by one.

But from a story about guessing numbers, how was I supposed to figure out the proper solution? I'm certain I'm approaching this completely wrong.

Completely new to programming, decided I'll go full out studying C#

Any recommendations on books I should start with? Is C# Yellow Book by Rob Miles a good place to start?

Attached: 1367106685.png (894x1055, 473.63K)

there is no *GOOD* reason not to make everything public unless you wanna exploit some autistic language rule that differentiates the two

why would you start with C#?
go with something that's more lightweight and doesn't require so much overhead in getting started

nvm i fixed it, there must have been a pointer somewhere that was being referenced so when i was calling the delete on one object it wasn't deleting everything and the compiler got mad.

Yeah, those additional 0.3 secs of compile time is going to ruin his experience.

so tired of working
i have morphed into
a slave of my bosses
but inside i'm twerking

i'm not talking about compiling. i mean that he's better off using whatever he's got at his disposal without needing to jump through hoops getting started with prop software

Are you Rupi Kaur?

Idk about books (at least in English) but check out the official docs at microsofts site
Its a a very good start, its modern, has decent jobs, decent ecosystem, good documentation, multiplatform (.NET core), good tools, not hard to learn

You're explicitly complaining about start up time.
>needing to jump through hoops getting started with prop software
Now that's a real fallacy.

ASM and straight machine code. The more abstract the more powerful.

I'm implementing my own stack-based language, after watching some videos and streams on porth. Rate my fizzbuzz

fn fizzbuzz n remainder begin
remainder 0 = if
"fizzbuzz"
else
remainder 5 =
remainder 10 = or if
"buzz"
else
remainder 3 =
remainder 6 = or
remainder 9 = or
remainder 12 = or if