Go vs Rust

which one do I choose, unironically, if I want to have a programming job in a few years?

Attached: govr.jpg (1920x800, 116.53K)

how tall are you?

around 5'11, white aryan male

5'11

bump

>unironically, if I want to have a programming job in a few years?
Unironically doesn't matter which of the two you use. Be more afraid if you're using legacy languages those two are replacing

put on the knee socks and learn rust :3

Unironically Java.

Forgot pic

Attached: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg (600x600, 21.76K)

which one is go replacing

Most server-side, networked infrastructure, languages. JS, Python, Java/Scala and similar. Of course these languages aren't going away, but every time some new use case pops up within these environments companies are turning more and more to Go. Think how Docker/Kuberentes is written in Go and how easy it is to deploy Go web apps within containerized environment due to it's self-contained binaries. Or if you're into web3 meme, Ethereum is written in Go iirc

and which one will rust replace

Neither. Learn programming, not languages.

C# (sharp)

Most uses cases seem to indicate it's replacing C/C++/Java and similar. Of course most of these languages aren't going to go away in decades, but ask yourself are you willing to let go of your ego and learn the new stuff and be willing to work on the new stuff, or are you will to be delegated to maintain the leagacy systems like the old Fortran/Cobol crowd

I kind of want to try out Go, but that logo is so fucking gay

neither, learn typescript

the logo is funny and not tryhardish

Both. If you're competent enough to learn Rust, then surely you can do some spare Go projects in the meantime.
I think both will have their uses.

Comparing apples to oranges

>Comaring apples to oranges
>Programming languages are just tools
ohh youre so smart!

Attached: fedo.png (600x685, 262.49K)