Speaker wire

Tomorrow I'm buying getting new speakers but I don't wanna order speaker cables and wait for them to arrive until I can test them out.

I do happen to have 2.5 mm2 solid core copper wires left over from some installation, can I use them for the speakers?

Attached: 1633644445366.png (960x925, 740.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d7mAH5ExKgg
youtu.be/eglKM1mMpFs?t=183
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It should work, but it's not the best.

>but it's not the best.
why and in what way?

He didn't get wireless speakers

Attached: 1640559563114.png (449x401, 490.09K)

>wireless speakers
why the fuck would you want that? do you pick up your speakers and move around the house with them? why would you want to have to plug your speakers into the fucking wall for power?

resistance is barely different
but stranded wires can have way more resistance based on how well the connection is and if any strands aren't connected.

youtube.com/watch?v=d7mAH5ExKgg

Attached: 1626698463045.png (1383x740, 379.89K)

you were just asking if it would work and now you're asking why its not the best
it is the best actually
he's wrong

not shielded so suffers from interference from basically everything

>not shielded
what kind of shielding? speaker wire is just stranded copper in plastic
solid core is also in plastic

It'll be fine for testing and even for use while you wait for cable, but solid core wire isn't the best for things that you will handle, such as plugging and unplugging speakers. The wire might work harden and break.

yeah but I'm not gonna move around my speakers nor plug and unplug them
I was just making sure that in terms of performance it wouldn't be a bad thing, but now I'm reading solid core actually performs better than stranded wires

Somebody post the chart with the wire hanger

Tldr. You can use rubber ducks for speaker wire

It'll work fine, but solid core is kind of a pain in the dick because it keeps its shape so you have to bend it to fit perfectly.

dont let retards trick you into buying $10,000 (((audiophile))) wire user...

No one is suggesting that.

I won't fall for that
I'm just gonna use my solid core wire
yeah they're stiff as fuck but then again that works to my advantage when I want to route them at the back of my desk without them dangling down

see

Missing a couple steps between shielding and $10'000 snakeoil but OK.
You can just say "shielding is uneccesary" without resorting to biblical exagerrations.

>why and in what way?

The actual audio analog signal will flow with no issues.
But your wires most like have no shielding and you'll need two wires for each speaker(Ground and signal). Also, depending on the connector interface there might be minor impedance matching issues(extra noise). Shouldn't be a big deal, just don't be surprised if you notice quality issues.

shielding is snake oil for speaker cables

youtu.be/eglKM1mMpFs?t=183

The signal running through speaker wires is already amplified, so they're much less susceptible to interference anyway. Especially since OP is just wiring his desk setup, those runs are likely so short there won't be any meaningful interference or noise pickup.

Right, but does it cost $10'000?

wtf are you talking about retard?

dude I'm the OP
I'm not gonna buy any wires, just gonna use what I have left over from my house's electrical installation
shielding is irrelevant on speaker wires