So my boomer parents came to visit. They didn't understand why I used a 55 inch TV for a PC monitor...

So my boomer parents came to visit. They didn't understand why I used a 55 inch TV for a PC monitor. and I didn't have a TV in the living room. So they did a little rearranging and moved the TV to the living room. and then spent their whole visit watching TV.

anons, now I'm questioning myself, why am I using a 55 inch TV as a monitor? And is it really that abnormal to have no TV in the living room?

Attached: df5.jpg (645x716, 31.29K)

I tried to fix my TV, and it kinda worked for a while then it stopped working again. I don't know, I don't think I will get another one.

television is gay, and using a tv screen as a monitor is very gay as the latency is high

If you’re sitting any closer than 7-8 feet from the TV, I’d say it’s a dumb choice. No TV in the living room is somewhat abnormal, but do whatever works best for you

Why are your parents rearranging your shit?

>So they did a little rearranging and moved the TV to the living room. and then spent their whole visit watching TV.
i think you are the normal one in this situation who tf does that

because they're boomers

>closer than 7-8
so you see all the shit around the screen, instead of having only what is on the screen in your view.

There is only one use case for using a TV as a monitor. It's connected to a media box.

having a TV is boomer tier. you're good.

They had to get in that Young Sheldon somehow.

Old people are invasive to 30 year old "kids"

boomers grew up being brainwashed by the living room tv. they can't function without it

>a 55 inch TV for a PC monitor
kinda shit. you can't use it at a standing desk without nuking your eyes

>why am I using a 55 inch TV as a monitor

I use a 48" myself. It's the only thing that's stopped me requiring multimonitor setups. There's just no need with this great display. My living room is directly onto the street I dislike being in there but there is a 55" TV in there to watch stuff on.

Way to say you’re a virgin without saying your a virgin.

Why are you projecting your inferiorities onto me?

I think I haven't had a tv for over 10 years
I feel about tvs and computers now the same I felt about radios and tvs when I was a kid, "why not just use the better one?"

this, its also just gay because the size will fuck your neck

this, big monitors are just better.

>the size will fuck your neck
disagree, a bigger TV makes you looks straight a small monitor makes you slouch.

>I feel about tvs and computers
fuck off phone poster

>a bigger TV makes you looks straight
Maybe straight up and down, you know ergonomics exist right? If you're slouching when you look at a monitor adjust your fucking chair.

phones are also inferior to pcs

Honestly I'm at the point where it's harder to justify monitor purchases when I'll get a lot more from a TV.