Why do people hate VLC?

Why do people hate VLC?
Not saying that I use it though.

Attached: 1645505098934.png (920x920, 36.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

madvr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mpv is just better

it just works and it makes people mad they cant show off how le epic hackers they are

Not sure.
Is there anything VLC can't do t b h?

fpbp

mpchc and mpv are better

Never had an issue with it or mpv, they're easily the two best media players

Attached: works on my machine.png (200x193, 52.58K)

UPDATE TO NEW VERSION
HEY BUD THERE'S AND UPDATE
LOL OH THAT. THAT WAS LAST WEEK, THERE'S A NEW ONE
SERIOUSLY STOP WATCHING FUCKING HENTAI AND DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT AGAIN.

vlc chuds doesn't watch anime or support lgbt rights

Be minimalist like MPV

care to explain how? seen that they have a dark mode which is nice. aside from that the GUI looks a bit too bare and minimal for my liking. if it can do frame by frame, skipping in chunks, and play playlists, i might consider switching over. rn i've been using VLC for over 10 years though so i'm pretty accustomed to it

not that guy, but it looks better, takes up less file space, and is more extensible. VLC has a terrrible renderer with a built-in denoiser and you cant change it. If you want an accurate/sharper image, you're not getting it from VLC.

cant change renderers, cant look good.

Attached: mpchcmadvrVSvlc.png (1443x646, 1.06M)

I'd love if it had Flash support.
Right now I still have to use MPC-HC Ex or an old browser.
I do think VLC is in a pretty good spot right now though, it's become my go-to.

mpv here

I don't hate vlc, has it's merits, like comes with codecs included. I understand if that can be a hassle for noobs.

But mpv interface is just cleaner

interesting! wasn't aware of the lower accuracy when it comes to rendering. might have to look into how it's more extensible unless you fancy explaining a little?

I figured I had to stop using mpc eventually so I've been using this and it's pretty good. I tried mpv but ricing a multimedia program is retarded.
As for why I don't use VLC, I just find video isn't as colorful looking as other players. It might have just been Any Forums propaganda getting to me though.

Attached: R (6).jpg (1200x1200, 45.71K)

less extensible in that theres nothing changeable about default vlc besides program settings. Look at that mpc-hc with madvr as a renderer vs vlc image, you cant use alternative renderers on vlc.
>madvr.com/
if you're only not using MPC-HC because you dont know how to install codecs, it comes packaged with all of them and madvr at codecguide.com
(the standard version)

Yes you can. The option is literally in the settings.
This

thought we were talking about MPV here? not MPC-HC. look at the post thread...

show me then
show me one alternative renderer it can use

I don't hate it.

oh my bad. Idk about mpv.

ITT: MPV users failing to win over VLC users