Some old propaganda from the Windows 7 Retail

Attached: F35CA00E-6B8D-49A6-9ABF-1ABC2A52CD18.jpg (4000x3000, 2.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI&t=77
github.com/brektrou/rtl8821CU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was there a point where linux PCs were actually sold at retail stores?

They have no idea what they're talking about, obviously. Just corporate fucks being corporate fucks.

You can always call MS and ask for support, they aren't exactly wrong on those regards.
Yes, they still do it here.

Oh, fucking hell. There's enough people already being smug about how Linux is a bad thing, and that Windows is the good thing, dismissing Linux because it's only for those nerd, bad people.

Which part of it is wrong?

Linux is easy to use, consider Ubuntu, and a bunch of those other "user friendly" distros.

That's all true
Seethe and cope freetard

Everything, except the first 2 items.

I'm not saying it is - just expressed my disappointment and sadness that I've observed among people who are at least a little bit more into computers. There's a lot of those folks who either never used it and are just repeating what they heard on internet, or they used it in 2000s when their Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem had no drivers or whatever already in Mandriva and they couldn't get internet working to download whatever was needed to fix it, blaming Linux (and surprisingly, me as the user) for being the bad guy here.
Compatibility is a tough subject, and Windows just overcame this chicken and egg problem - it's the most popular OS, so every vendor has to make sure their shit works on this OS. What's sad is that when e.g. some Realtek wifi card doesn't work on Linux OOTB because Realtek didn't want to make drivers for it, and the solution needs a bit of know-how (installing community made driver from GitHub), normal people will say that it's the Linux's fault. They will not ever at all under no circumstances come to the conclusion, that it's hardware manufacturer's decision to not support this platform. It's sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI&t=77

Literally all of this was true back then with maybe the exception of printers, printers on Windows were a special form of hell and CUPS just werked. Heck most of this is still true.

Yeah, I was mildly disappointed while watching this. As far as I can see this router she had has RJ45 ports, so she could just plug it in or type the password to WiFi and she'd have her internet, without having to run some "how to world wide web" PDF glued with Adobe Reader together into one .exe from a CD. I'm sure there are some people out there who watched this report and now have it in their mind that when someone talks about Linux, they want to hurt them. Sad as fuck.

But was it wrong in 2009?

KEK
>I can't use Open Office
Why are normies like this?

Yes, Ubuntu 6.10 was somewhat easy to use already. Its installation process wasn't exactly simple, but it was not like windows was that easier either. The main "problem" with Linux is what said. Back in the day you would depend on people doing shit. I'm on college now, but it took a lot of effort to run some of those things.
Considering a computer that is "made to run a Linux distro". I don't know, that is literally just using the thing and whatever.

they do in third world nations

I had win7 ultimate physical I got for hosting a win7 "launch party". I still have all the party favors and cheap swag stored somewhere to ebay someday

It wasn't wrong desu

>Back in the day you would depend on people doing shit.
Actually this Realtek driver thing is still very much an issue, shitton of mid budget laptops that come with Windows have their wifi card. github.com/brektrou/rtl8821CU I've had to help a friend get it on their machine. He complained that "but it just works in windows, this Linux is weird", but on the other hand he wanted to try Linux out of his own volition. Now he got more comfortable with tinkering with his computer, and is happy with the switch, understanding that it's Realtek's fault here. AUR helped make him a bit more comfortable, if he fucks up his system with some sketchy script then oh well - I told him it's the same as if he ran random things from Internet. He's the only person with enough brains to understand what's happening so far.
I've actually rewatched it again and the line that hurt the most was:
>What a huge hassle.
>Yeah.

>Ugh-bun-too