Imagine how many websites that you actually liked ended up closing because you couldn't tolerate some ads that would...

Imagine how many websites that you actually liked ended up closing because you couldn't tolerate some ads that would have paid the host. In the end, it's all your fault.

Attached: 1616519486640.png (579x582, 51.71K)

b-bika???

If your website depends on ads to survive, it deserves to die.

>BUT IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING CLOSED SOURCE TO MAKE LITTLE MONEY TO LIVE YOU'RE THE ANTICHRIST
>MAKE IT FOR FREE AND DON'T USE ANY ADS, ALSO GET A SECOND PART TIME JOB

i thought merch is the better alternative to ads

technology is not a mistery, lol, just a bunch of transistors and connections where electricity either flows or not. If it was a mistery, then the electrical system of your home would be too

>Free software can't make money
I can't believe they give retards like you access to computers.

tracking scripts and malware

Attached: pagead.jpg (515x208, 18.69K)

I downloaded them with HTTrack. Checkmate, paypiggy.

>how many websites that you actually liked

give 1 example of an open source web project that could get a single person enough revenue to live, also without ads

Technically speaking, RHEL is used for the backend of web projects.

Ok but RHEL is not a web app is an OS. It has to be something a Web dev can create and live off without using ads and also making the entire code public

who dis?

Not exactly, it's their faul that they implement retarded ads so poorly.
If you get paid for ad revenue you have to actually try to sell it instead of dumping Default_Ad_Script.txt into your website.
Let's see and example, i don't want to watch retarded advertising from LTT because he's a fucking moron and repeats what the ad company send him to sell. but i actually watch the entire ads from Internet Historian because he's hilarious and creates nonsense lore that is both entertaining and informative about the product.
See? That's why you don't care about TV ads, that's why you use adblock, and that's why you like FreeCreditReport.com ads.
If you want to sell a product because you need the money then sell it to me you retarded piece of shit, you have to make me WANT the fucking product not just dump your retarded script into me so i get bored and your site dies you have to sell it to me and it has to make me think about buying it although it is a shitty VPN or a shitty game.
People doesn't understand this and i hate it.

Attached: zonDhqE.gif (350x464, 299.86K)

this argument doesn't have much substance; most sites that die don't do so because they're too expensive to run in the absence of ad revenue, they die because whoever's running them decides that their time is better spent elsewhere.

Also if the reason the person is running the site is explicitly to make a profit, then I actively hope that they're unable to do that with ads and have to shut the website down. If the only reason they're running the site is to make money then the site is going to have shit content on it, because that's the way you get the best profit margin: reducing how much time and money it costs you to get content onto the site.

I really don't care user. Cry harder, it makes my penis hard.

threadly reminder to install sponsor block

>watching videos with sponsor breaks
ngmi

This prison is the only website I'd be sad if taken down.

Attached: 1640999213164.gif (300x250, 135.64K)

>If the only reason they're running the site is to make money then the site is going to have shit content on it
muh passion
Fuck off dude, the best software is closed source and made for money