I think I did good. Can this backfire?

I stole my manager's laptop when he was off for the day. I knew his password thanks to spying on him. I got in and it turns out that he had BitLocker enabled on his Windows 10 laptop. I thought of factory resetting, but you need a recovery key. I tried to use a USB to flash Windows, but that didn't work since BitLocker partitions can't install Windows. To get around this, I just installed Pop!_OS via USB and I wiped the BitLocker partition from there, and then I rebooted it from Windows Install Media, and then I finally re-installed Windows 10 on it after running all of the HDD (the laptop had no SSDs or NVMe) though DBAN half a dozen times.

I don't think he could ever retrieve the data. I also set up the original screensavers + background, alongside his original password. After thoroughly cleaning with ethanol (was wearing thick ski gloves), I put the laptop back where I found it and quit on the spot since my disability cheques were approved and I no longer have to work.

I think that he is fucked. He had a lot of projects due which he stored on the laptop so I probably cost him his job and credibility since he had dozens of underlings relying on him. Also, there were no cameras in the area and no biometric IDs to get to the lockers, which was where the laptop was stored. I knew his locker password so I cut the shit Master lock with bolt cutters and then put the laptop back in alongside a clone lock with the original password.

Attached: KGB Operations in America.webm (852x480, 2.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9zxwTNp_3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>can this backfire?
he made backups you fucking moron.

>he quit immediately
this is where you fucked

No, he didn't. We went out drinking together and he told me in confidence that he owns no other technology other than this laptop. No other laptops or PCs exist in his house.

I faked having a massive spastik attack since I am autistic anyway. About halfway through my fake rage, the real rage actually kicked in and I started tossing chairs around while crying like a baby. I think I was pretty convincing. I told my bosses that I had a "cathartic and enlightening" moment which sat well with them. I told them that I am no longer fit for this company and left on the same day.

Attached: 7d0.png (500x568, 185.14K)

why would you do this user?

Attached: 1645786329250.webm (1280x720, 1002.75K)

He gave me work that I didn't want. That is it. I would do 8 hours of work in 4 hours and he would then give me additional work since I was on company time. I got a 15-minute break in the middle so I could buy food at the local Subway. I told him that I would rather work hard early so I don't have to later, but he told me to pound sand.

Attached: Tour De Poland.jpg (492x492, 45.67K)

>I would do 8 hours of work in 4 hours and he would then give me additional work
That's always how it works everywhere.
The trick is to never give it 100% while at work.

you fucked up mate
just forward all those disability cheques to your attorney

This was a week ago. He has not been caught or now and he probably will never anyway. My country has a very strong legal and welfare system so it was a bad idea for me to work in the first place. I also wiped Event Viewer logs for all time. I think I got away with it.

Attached: Jessie.jpg (448x514, 25.98K)

Fair enough, fuck that cunt

>spastik attack

I think I found you:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9zxwTNp_3w

Attached: 4ig7tnh2i1x21.jpg (1125x822, 85.08K)

I can relate to that but you don't need to do this. Just stall your work and make sure to accomplish only 50% in a day.

>I would do 8 hours of work in 4 hours
sounds like you did 4 hours of work in 4 hours

why did you do it bro

you're a German, aren't you

Norweigan. Our welfare state is 10x better than Germany since you can quite literally live your life to a good quality doing nothing for 80+ years.

Attached: 6wnfxdq35ol11.jpg (453x604, 35.22K)

based
good luck, user

I mean it's your own fault for not stretching your shit out. If you do more in less time they're going to give you more that's work 101 mate.

Hope it's not a bigger corp they've got other methods of tracking your ass if so. But this guy wasn't dumb enough to NOT back up all his critical shit so joke's on you.

WTF is wrong with you?

You could just quit and abuse the system, but no, you have to fuck the job of your manager because he was making you work all your shift.

The world is a shitty place and you made it shittier for some else. Thanks a lot, I hope you KYS.

should've done 8 hours of work in 8 hours. Or better yet, say it will take 10 hours, then finish 6 hours of work in 8 hours