If Rust is that much better than C, why do C programmers stick to C instead of jumping ship?

If Rust is that much better than C, why do C programmers stick to C instead of jumping ship?

Attached: 1642337402986.jpg (680x435, 39.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rust-lang.org/
nitter.net/trixdraws/status/1462141269887623174
c2rust.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Rust is not better than C.

Isn't it safer and shit?

It's better (except when it isn't).
But it's not worth rewriting everything. That's a lot of work.
It's also a tough sell to spend a lot of time learning it and changing the way you work.
I don't think most C programmers are more than vaguely aware of Rust, if that. Most programmers aren't in the programming language fandom. They don't visit Any Forums or Hacker News. They just program.

not in any meaningful ways, rust still has data races and deadlocks like C, still has memory safety issues like C, and has an insufferably ass type system like C.

>memory safety issues like C
I was told explicitly by Rust devs that memory safety in Rust is simply a lot better than in C

It has deadlocks, but safe Rust has no data races or other memory safety issues.
The type system is insufferable in a way that's completely different from C.

do not believe the trannies they lie cheat and steal

it's simple. baby duck syndrome

sauce?

As an adult, I have to think in terms of actual practicality, rather than some shit meme

Attached: 1641691034465.jpg (640x869, 64.13K)

rust-lang.org/
nitter.net/trixdraws/status/1462141269887623174

>no memory related issues except the worst kinds of memory related issues like deadlocks
this is why i cannot take rust seriously, also the type system is super low tier smol brain. it makes me cringe to see people praise traits in rust.

Deadlocks are bad but how are they memory-related?

how are deadlocks NOT related to memory issues? you think all there is to a memory model is going out of bounds? that is how naive rust kids are.

If I wanted to learn a *new* language, I would learn something like Go.
Even mozilla pumped and dumped rust despite the fact that rust is their child project.

>If Rust is that much better than C, why do C programmers stick to C instead of jumping ship?
I can answer that
Rust is a high level programming language reliant on c.
If rust is high level, and Mnemonic Assembly Language is low level
c is mid level
C actually enables a programmer to control the data processing more than rust could ever do.
it is why rust relies on c and c++ so much
It is a shit tier language

Rust is lesbo fucking trans pervert tier

Anything you can do in C you can do in Rust, though it may look ugly as shit
c2rust.com/

you can also do it in javascript, does not mean you should. it means you should be shot on sight for being a retard.

>you can also do it in javascript
You can't.

want to bet?

There are massive amounts of well tested C code out there.

As of now the benefits of rust are not valuable enough to justify the effort required to switch.

Especially since I do embedded OS stuff. Rust, nor any languages I am aware of, solves the problems of timing issues and general bugs related to drivers not interfacing with hardware correctly. Thus pretty much any project I've written in C would have taken significantly more time and effort in rust to produce the same results, thus I currently see no reason yet to switch my C programs to rust.

People have been trying for decades completely to replace C, but once you don't have user processes and file descriptors, it becomes really hard to make a programming language significantly better then C.

Attached: 1614996362735.jpg (828x804, 91.26K)

Can't really write a printer driver independently in JS

use c++

C feels like the natural way to communicate with a computer. I say that as a C++ programmer - C++ specific stuff feels like the distinct language of C++, and the stuff that's shared with C feels like it's just "the default programming language" that C++ uses as a base.