Dude windows 7 was totally awesome

>Dude windows 7 was totally awesome
and in the same breath
>Vista sucked dude! Worst OS ever! haha
Why do people say this? Is it a really only because people used vista on PCs with pentium 4s and less than 1GB of memory?

Attached: FF54DE2B-B244-46C4-868C-4DD4AF0AA0D6.png (384x522, 175.21K)

I don't know why it is but the Vista box was very sexy, although it hasn't aged perfectly and now shows hints of tackiness.

A lot of software didn't work on Vista and it was slow on then typical 512 ram pc

Yeah it really just comes down to this. I’ve tried explaining to people how vista and 7 are very similar but they don’t want to hear it

PC hardware wasn't ready at the time. If you had a PC with graphics acceleration it felt faster than XP because DWM made dragging and resizing windows much faster. However most people were running shit tier XP era hardware that didn't support Aero or DWM

i hate aero with passion
its a dumb gimmick that doesnt even look good

This. The fact that the majority of desktop users are wintoddlers speaks volumes to the general retardation of the populous, especially when it comes to technology.

i just installed windows 7 yesterday on a spare SSD (had to use an intel usb 3.0 tool to make it work since win7 wouldnt recognize usb 3) and couldn't believe how shitty windows 7 looks in hindsight. i just wanted the aero glass again - it looked like fucking garbage. it isn't good at all. its equally as bad as windows 10.

Skeu shit can only not be tacky when extremely suppressed, but glass in itself is cool.

skeuomorphism has to serve a purpose, often that is making abstract concepts more tangible
glass never had a real purpose, it just served as a silly demo

Wasted resources on muh glass bullshit

Most exe do NOT install

turn off the glassy shit and you are at a worst stage than XP, text is glossy and this os is like moving a shitty cursor on another layer of shit

in the end jewsoft just killed old software

Windows users have kind of a Stockholm syndrome. They just can't imagine using any other OS, so any turd you throw at them, they eventually get used to it. Here comes the stupid meme that a bad Windows version is always followed by a good Windows version. They just couldn't cope with the fact that Windows would be twice bad, so they just decided to like Win 7 even though it was just Vista SP3.

>slow on then typical 512 ram pc
I once tried to install Vista on a pc with this same amount and it was indeed slow as shit. Practically unusable since I couldn't even open up a browser before it shat the bed and stopped responding.
I then tried installing 7 on the same system and it ran surprisingly well. I could easily browse one or two sites with no problem, but any more than that and it would begin to page everything and slow down.
So don't listen to faggots that claim that both OSs are identical. 7 was built off of Vista, but MS had to have done some optimizing to have it run better than its base.

>but they don't want to hear it
and they'll want you to hear their bullshit, and get offended when you brush them off. le doble estandard

vista aero was the best, though i used the classic theme most of the time because it was snappy.

True. I will not tolerate your attacks on frosted glass tho.

there were some serious issues aside from performance, which was dogshit. driver support fucking SUCKED until around 7's release, especially if you were running 64-bit vista.

it was the other way around when they came out
>vista:
>has classic mspaint, Any Forums likes it
>7:
>niggered ribbonshit mspaint, Any Forums HATES it
of course zoomers who weren't actually around for either fondly remember 7 cause they were around for the last year of it

Say that to my face Bucko
(1333mhz ddr3 AMD Phenom IIx6 1100T. Works like a champ for me since 2013)

Attached: win7DT(01).png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

that looks worse, a gimmick with its show pony crippled

Same. Back in the Win 7 days I always had Aero switched off. It was distracting having the top of Word turn a blurred shade of whatever wallpaper I had at the time.