Why is Intel still making 2c/4t mobile CPUs? I mean I guess it woild be okay on Pentiums and Celerons...

Why is Intel still making 2c/4t mobile CPUs? I mean I guess it woild be okay on Pentiums and Celerons, but this is a Core i3.

Attached: IMG_20220221_084439.png (1440x1494, 284.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-flex-series/ideapad-flex-5-14-(amd)-2-in-1/82hu00kbus
datacenterknowledge.com/industry-perspectives/intel-s-unsold-processors-are-piling
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

virtually no competition
people will still buy it, especially 2 years ago with the lockdowns

its literally only $300

Attached: asdsdasde.png (956x755, 239.93K)

Why wouldn't they? Most people barely benefit from additional cores. Many workloads rely heavily on single threaded programs.
The multi-core retardation needs to stop.

>Most people barely benefit from additional cores

Attached: 1490730560540.png (882x758, 234.24K)

You're not going to believe this but the reason is money

They're competing with the likes of Ryzen 3250U because AMD has nothing newer in that price bracket.

Because AMD arent kikes and dont sell dual cores anymore, the 6000 series starts with 6 cores as it should be

The 6000 series has nothing for laptops in sub-$500 price range.

the 5000 series refresh does and starts at 4 cores, still better than intel

Doesn't matter, low-end non-refreshed 5000 series is about as rare as 3300X and 5300G for desktop, AMD clearly focuses their limited 7nm production capability on more expensive chips. All while I still see tons of 3250U/3500U laptops for sale, since those chips don't depend on TSMC.

the cheapest 5000 series laptop i can find starts $550 and lenovo had to solder the ram to keep the price low
lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-flex-series/ideapad-flex-5-14-(amd)-2-in-1/82hu00kbus

a dual core in 2022 is painful to use from personal experience

because they sell
because you know it's painful
there are others that think "well, that's just how computers are"

AMD sells 2c/4t ryzen 3 CPUs, what's the deal?
If we criticize Intel we should be criticizing AMD too.

datacenterknowledge.com/industry-perspectives/intel-s-unsold-processors-are-piling

Attached: 1491958654249.png (653x726, 84.12K)

I'd bet most of these are server CPUs. Intel likely overestimated how much the vendors would want to invest into subpar Ice Lake-SP servers, so they're stuck with a lot of inventory while vendors are going with Epyc and/or waiting for Sapphire Rapids.

Simply not offering people without a lot of money anything to buy doesn't make amd good. Makes them quite shitty actually.

Exactly. Intel aren't made up of the type of people that won't pick up a penny on the street.

Why don't you buy an i5/i7 if you want moar cores OP?
Cheap processors have cheap features.

if you can find a way for AMD to sell mid/low range cpus at volume right now, go and contact them, they'll hire you on the spot.

>human nature is different across different organizations
epyc

well they should have expensive ones

>a dual core in 2022 is painful to use
It really isn't, unless the CPU is ancient. An SSD makes everything fly.
t. has a Skylake 4405U in his laptop
All companies want money. AMD just fails to address a huge portion of the market. Their loss.

Well they make way more in the server space now, where they undercut intel by a massive margin. At least they used to, last I heard they were raising epyc prices by 30%.

I don't blame them. I'd do the same thing. It's the consequence of running fabless in a crazy market.

>virtually no competition
Except Ryzen chips with 4 or even 6 cores are dirt cheap now.
Even web browsers spawn a lot of processes and threads now. The only workload that doesn't benefit from moar cores is video games, so good job exposing yourself as a Any Forums tourist retard.

Can confirm any post 2010 2core/4thread cpu paired with an SSD screams
t. daily drives a 2013 HP laptop with an AMD A10 5745m because it still works fine.

$300 laptops arent a huge portion of the market