Any Forums: linux is the best for everything, ESPECIALLY programming

>Any Forums: linux is the best for everything, ESPECIALLY programming
>google when i look up programmers: pic related
Who was in the right here?

Attached: 1622381886454.png (589x788, 593.68K)

>paid crapple shill thread #god even knows at this fucking point
Just fucking ban crApple's IP range already, fuck this shit.

why would the mod ban his own IP range?

Funny, when I search for "X operating system is best for" it actually finds what I'm looking for. Wow.

>Who was in the right here?

What role are you looking for the OS to play in your programming endeavors ?

macbooks are aesthetic and stock image creators use it because of that.

beyond aesthetic, macbooks are shit.

HOLY COPE

dude apple makes the lowest quality hardware and software. apple users do not care because they buy apple as a fashion statement. it literally does not matter how trash thier product is, it could be a fucking 6 dollar arm soc in a shiny package and they'll charge 1000 bux for it. this is why they make so much money, they sell a fashion brand, not a computer.

>opens a product catalogue to try find unbiased information
>it shows you products you can buy
imagine my shock

linux is free, you will never find it being advertised in a product catalogue such as google

Linux is great for servers. THAT'S IT. For now at least. And we've been in "for now at least" for 20 years. And it's great because so many corps can use it and fit it to meet their needs without being enslaved to one vendors OS license. Be it Microsoft or old/dead UNIX vendors. But none of this is much of a factor for other many other uses.

google

I always find the "server os" meme funny because windows server is one of the "usable" versions of windows that comes less packed with garbage you have to disable. Yet, having candy crush preinstalled totally amounts to a good desktop experience amirite?

mac windows and linux are equally good in programming
/thread

Windows doesn't have hover focus and multiple desktops, which really gets in the way of my flow.

This
and also this

Shill thread over, question has been answered already. Only pajeet's scripted propaganda left at this point.

ackshually

Windows NT... or rather Microsoft took work to get it where's at as a desktop OS. Linux is in the same position NT was when took over the world as a "server OS" (except in that case, it was against Novell and midrange UNIX uses). The different is Microsoft actually worked to make it more than that and do everything Win9X could do. It didn't magically happen simply for being branded Windows. They especially had to work to make it more gpu friendly, and leading developers across the board to jump on board with them.
Linux is in the same position as MS once was. It took the world by storm on servers... and then just stalled. There's no "revolution" happening here because you're all fucking retards who think it will all just fall in your lap and happen magically. You make a bigger deal of Linux usefulness than it really is, unlike Microsoft who put real work and massive capital into it.

Friend works at htec, he writes (fucking) compilers, (smartest programmer that ever lived etc.)
The company offers its programmers either macbooks or thinkpads, it's roughly half half who prefers what.
In this other company where one of my friends works, it's mostly webdev, they also have a choice of thinkpad/macbook, but, to no ones surprise, most webdevs chose macbooks, 90% of them actually.
What do they install on thinkpads? Usually linux, obviously, they find all the utilities useful and easy to manage.
What do I use? Thinkpad+linux, but as a Any Forumsman my opinion is obviously biased, so it doesn't really count.

But yeah, if I remember correctly, Brian Kernighan, Rob Pike, maybe even some other unix fathers (for want of a better word) use macintosh pcs.

>But yeah, if I remember correctly, Brian Kernighan, Rob Pike, maybe even some other unix fathers (for want of a better word) use macintosh pcs.
Yeah, the whole point of Unix/POSIX is that the kernel doesn't matter that much. It just has to do its shit and get out of the way.

>It just has to do its shit and get out of the way.
More or less. That's what matters the most to experienced users, not freetardism, choice of window manager, init system, etc. But the "experienced linux user" loves to hate.

Yeah I'd say macs are overpriced, but what does overpriced mean but expensive to the average person? If it's your job, you want the right tools, so you'll pay for them.

Those are soi devs and/or diversity hires.