Fell for the C# meme

>fell for the C# meme

Attached: 1584179831441.jpg (347x395, 31.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/q6600/fastest/csharp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: primes.png (1900x390, 52.4K)

>Python not even listed
Ironic

Unironically not a meme and one of the best investments you could make.

It's good if you want a stable job at a boring company writing boring software on Windows machines. I.e. suicide fuel.

Is this also true for first worlders? I have the feeling that C# is only worth it if you are a second or third worlder with no experience or degree.

I fell in love with Haskell, but will never able to find a job using it
Atleast C#/LINQ has some nice features that other corpo langs lack

C# would be great if you could be less verbose and if it had discriminated unions. Better way to declare function signatures would go a long way.

I would never recommend anyone learn C# unless they really want to use Unity3D or jobs in their area are C# heavy.

The truth is while there are many jobs for C#, there are usually less and they pay less than other langs in many places. TypeScript jobs are paying more than C# jobs in general for instance and TypeScript is a much more pleasant lang with IMO (as long as you enable strictness), even though the .NET ecosystem is miles ahead of the Node.js one.

The other problem is that in the .NET ecosystem itself, F# is better than C# in every single way. When comparing both, C# has no redeeming features compared to F#. It's an amazing lang shafted by MS.

The best thing about C# is the tooling and ecosystem which is frankly just wonderful. ASP.NET Core is so fucking good and versatile, you can use it in many ways and have it fit many architectural styles. Plus it performs amazingly.

Of course when compard to Java, C# seems amazing, but that's a low bar.

Attached: cat.jfif.jpg (1022x1024, 108.9K)

much more pleasant lang to work with IMO*

Learn C# 10 and use NET6.0. You can't say C# 10 is verbose at all. It's on par with dynamic languages such as JS and Python in terms of conciseness.

C# started as a clone of Java and kept diverging from it. In the last few iterations it really began to diverge in a lot of ways, more and more functionnal programming concepts are added, more and more syntactic sugar. And if you show some body a C#6.0 and a C#10 program, both utilizing the language features to the fullest, you would not believe it is the same language.

>The truth is while there are many jobs for C#, there are usually less
While that being true, it's a partial analysis of the job market for programming languages. The competition and number of people applying for jobs on other languages makes very difficult to be hiring to begin with (Python is a good example of that). NET is not a good option for job seeing only because there are a lot of offers. It's because the population applying is far lower than the existing job offers. Some offers stay on job boards for months and years. I personally believe that you are (almost) guarantee to get a job at C#.NET if you are proficient at it (in the current job market).

No. I don't understand the C# shills here.
It's marginally better than Java. Marginally. Autistic screeching incoming.
Both are boring enterprise POO langs, inferior to languages on their own platforms (F#, Scala, Kotlin).
I almost doubled my salary when I switched to Scala full time.

They are most certainly related to each other. I call Java the ugly twin of C# that has some issues but through sheer tenacity and some luck still is more popular.
I think C# is basically Java re-envisioned with less boilerplate and more simplified syntax and a stronger adherence to OOP. I had to use Java for the first two years of my degree and became quite comfortable with it when we switched to C# in the final year I feel in love with it straight away the difference is night and day

Same bro, these cunts just keep putting money in my bank account as compensation for being gullible.

This is only my personal opinion, but Java is just ... inconsequential in so many ways. It's OOP, but abandons it when it comes to primitive types. It's best practice to implement getters and setters, yet the language refuses to add the functionality, even as syntactic sugar. There are libraries that allow you to annotate fields and provide these automatically, but then again you kind of lose the reason they are there in the first place as you now have limited control on how they behave. It has generics, but they are statically replaced at compile-time, which brings along its own can of worms if you dig deeper into it. Jakarta is a hodgepodge of different frameworks that wear a coat and pretend to be a unified thing. The fact that its best practice that you have to convert a literal string that contains a decimal value into a decimal variable, because "the compiler sometimes doesn't play nice" and rounds it in weird ways. It has a metric shit ton of libraries and frameworks that can be used, a lot of them overlapping or intended as replacement of other frameworks - yes, it gives you a lot of possibilites to choose one, but at the same time you have to choose one, without knowing how long it will be supported. It's not one big thing that makes the language bad, by no means. It just adds up and adds up, a lot of small and IMHO unnecessary inconveniences.

Rust is C++ x Haskell
C# is Java x Haskell

Attached: bnhmxr66wbi41.png (300x221, 42.9K)

Typescript is also part of the Microsoft intended programming stack.
This is actually the strength of C# and .Net 5.0 and up.
The Nuget ecosystem and the new AspNetCore and EfCore middlewares make it extremely easy to develop business software that is easy to understand and even easier to service and extend. You don't even have to understand Databases or http or c#, it's that easy.

If I have to do something more complex (like building graphs out of objects) I can give it to some really skilled programmer who does it in F#, and it integrates into the rest of my application without problems.

And unlike Oracle (which is imo the biggest threat to the Java world) Microsoft made everything "true" open source, by putting it under BSD and Apache license.

Don't get me wrong, Microsoft clearly does it so people get into Azure (and clearly this plan checks out, they made like 60 billion net profit last year) but it was never that easy to build buisness software

Also .net supports tail calls in his runtime which the jvm does not

Among the software engineer who make most money are C# developers. But the variance is wide. Due to it's normalization of code and the opinionated nature of .NET, it is less risky to hire a self taught NET developper for code monkeying and basic work. As a senior, the wage grows exponentially. The same scheme can be noticed when comparing Microsoft and Google software engineer salaries. You are less likely to be hired in Google but the pay as a junior is good and the wage growth is steady. You are more likely to find a job in Microsoft but you will be paid less than Google as a junior and the wage gap is exponential, meaning the closer you get to the top the more insane and undecent your salary gets.

If you live in the US you have way too many unanswered offers for C# in almost every state. That's not necessarily true for turdworlders.

>le this one way we can count primes is slow on .net benchmark
Nice bit array, faggot

Nice copeout, nigger

Basically every big feature added to the language since net2 has been to enable more functional style programming

>counting primes is relevant use case when building software

This version of NET Core is old, slow and deprecated btw. It's version 3 and today the dirat previews of version 7 are already out.

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/q6600/fastest/csharp.html