Return to monke

Sup brothers.
I've heard that some of you don't use syntax highlighting and it got me interested, what are the actual benefits you've noticed?
Or maybe when you first tried syntax highlighting, you've noticed that something was becoming worse in your routine, these stories would be great to hear too.

I've tried working without it a couple of times but couldn't understand what are the actual benefits. So, my eyes see a color X and I immediately understand that this is an enum. Is this a bad thing? What should be the focus then?

Attached: vlcsnap-2015-12-25-21h05m49s231.jpg (1366x768, 71.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9u6O0dLuqhI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally no reason to not use syntax highlighting, or would you also rather eat soup without a spoon?

No idea, but at least it'd be interesting to find out why the person is eating soup that way lol
Maybe he's on to something

/thread
Why do people think they need to dislike technological advancement?

Hahahahaha lol lmao

Attached: 1_Tf-AJevE88OJcUFrrzgXbg.png (735x492, 312.34K)

Bro, you're sleeping on the couch tonight, I need to fuck your wife

Attached: EXxWxMxWkAAwVsE.png (754x478, 321.8K)

>it'd be interesting to find out why the person is eating soup that way lol
>Maybe he's on to something
I loled out loud and spit the soop I was eating with my hand all over my screen. Upvoted.

syntax highlighting makes it easier to write unreadable code. with highlighting enabled, you can write complicated nested expressions that still look pretty because they're colorful, while hiding that they're actually harder to read semantically.

>hiding that they're actually harder to read
hiding from who? if the only people lost are those not using an ide then it's mission accomplished. deperson and deplatform the ide-less.

Do you have to underline all the verbs when you read a book? If you can't read your own code, you shouldn't cover by using syntax highlighting, just code better. Half the time it doesn't even work right. People can also get pretty autistic about their colorscheme, so it eliminates some wasted customizing time.

they just NEETs thats all. Probably they dont use "go to method by clicking on it" feature too. You dont need things like that when you work only on

user, you don't need to jump from place to place in a book most of the time. You have to find stuff fast and change it on the go. Is it still a bad thing though?

>would you also rather eat soup without a spoon?
yes
>SLURRRRRRRP
>MMMM THATS THE SHIT

lol'd

Attached: 323-3233138_meme-memes-lol-sticker-png-transparent-png.png (860x1215, 117.48K)

the highlightless would, but it’s either broken or nonexistent in their minimalist text editor

retard, when people do book reviews they annotate and highlight parts of the text so they can jump back to it or get the important info at a glance

Don't know if you are trolling but I remember watching a video by Damian Conway who doesn't use syntax highlighting. You might find it interesting. Without syntax highlighting you can config it to make it so errors stand up.

youtube.com/watch?v=9u6O0dLuqhI

those poeple are linuxtards who use vim and emacs and they are sour grapes because they cant set up syntax highlighting in their shitty 1970's text editor

False equivalence, and people highlight important information in technical books all the time

>So, my eyes see a color X and I immediately understand that this is an enum. Is this a bad thing? What should be the focus then?
I find this very useful. Sure I can read code without, but I can find where I need to be in it much quicker with syntax highlighting. It also points out some common errors like putting an O instead of a 0, or the sort of fuckery that multiline comments or #if 0 can cause.

It's like coding with training wheels on. If you're a retard, it's required forever. If you're not a retard you can take the training wheels off.