/spg/ - Smartphone General

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-S22-in-black-rotated-onb-ook.jpg (1920x1080, 723.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/asus-rog-phone-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2021
>using an iphone

Does Android have any apps worth paying for?

>stock android
>expandable memory
>headphone jack
>NFC
>works with Verizon
Does a phone exist?

I bought a Samsung Galaxy note 9 from a rakuten seller. I wanted a brand new note 9 with a snapdragon because it's the perfect phone to me eyes and it's not as costly as it was 3 years ago.

The seller is a local seller but the society behind it is based in china. The phone shipped here within 3 days. I asked before buying and seller told me that the phone is new and came with a 2 years warranty.

I recorded the whole unboxing and I am 99% certain the phone was unboxed before. The small details make huge difference.

I believe it is a refurbished phone because the phone was wrapped in the plastic bag which is supposed to be around the quick guide, there are marks on the inside of the cardboard. The Samsung pay notice wasn't with the quick guide (it's totally absent) and the USB C to USB adaptor was not properly disposed in the box. Finally, the sides of the phone aren't protected.

However, the phone seems to be in a perfect cosmetic condition, no scratch, nothing. It looks mint. The phone is not a counterfeit phone, even Samsung pay seems to be working. The IMEI is legit, the serial number is legit. Apps are indicating that the battery is in good condition.

I might be a schizo but I'm sure the phone is refurbished. Are there any ways I could check the phone for some more info? There's no way the chinks could do phone surgery without leaving a single mark, r-right?! I want to make sure the parts are legit. I have phone repair skills but I'm not exactly sure if what I'm supposed to do. I could buy a store test model to get parts.

Anyways, I used PayPal to make sure the seller won't be able to tuck me.

I will use the phone for a week to see how it goes. What are your thoughts?

It's a well done refurbished scam attempt I must say.

Attached: VideoCapture_20220215-204937.jpg (1920x1080, 570.98K)

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree the S22 Ultra is the phone of the year, right?

Attached: 3zgwxd.jpg (2429x4096, 1.26M)

I don't have it yet, but yes.

android sirs...

Attached: FLkJedpVcAMfF7A.jpg (1242x1242, 126.56K)

dont think there are any phones with expandable memory, but the Pixel 5a w/5G or other a variants in the Pixel line would meet those requirements except for lacking expandable storage

Apple might have some downsides but their chips seem to be pretty good

Why can't Qualcomm make chips that are as good?

>It's been a few days and Samshitfags are already in full coping mode
Hilarious. Enjoy your literal inferior product from last years.

Sony Xperia 1 III and 5 III are Verizon compatible IIRC, Motorola should also have a couple phones that match those requirements, Motorola One 5G UW Ace seems to for one.

Someone this severely retarded should just buy the new iPhone direct from the GeniusesTM at the apple store

I'm planning on purchasing an unlocked Asus ROG phone 5 with 256GB storage and 16GB memory and 3.5mm jack and 6,000 mAh battery (GSM carriers only) on the contractless RedPocket cell service provider plan. Is there a compatibility problem (or any other issue i should be aware of) with this? I just want a cutting-edge smartphone with good specs that just works with RedPocket. Budget's not a concern, but it's something that I may take into consideration.

What other smartphones are worth considering? I'd like to look at 3-5 other smartphones with similar specs (excluding apple & samsung)

Attached: 1625311274742.jpg (346x482, 54.07K)

Android may have the lesser performing SoC, but at least everything else is superior to crApple.

pretty much any moto g (the older ones you can even remove the battery)

It seems pretty great, but I went for the S22+ because the Ultra seems xboxhuge and the sharp right angle corners would hurt my gentle soft femboy hands

>bluetooth 5.2
>expandable storage
>headphone jack
>small screen
>cheap/chink as fuck
Is there a phone like this? My coolpad defiant (turned into a pmp) chugs a lot and only has Bluetooth 4.0. Don't care about any other features that weren't mentioned.

Attached: 1629580371826.png (500x536, 341.87K)

I didn't say anything about Apple or Android being superior to one another, why are you so sensitive?

I asked a question about why Qualcomm can't make chips that are as good but you seemed to get butthurt about something completely irrelevant.

kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/asus-rog-phone-5

in the US they always remove NFC from the cheap Motorola phones for some reason

Pixel A-Series (my preference) and Samsung smartphones are the only two I would consider moving forward.

>Samsung phones looking this good
>iPhones are all ugly and retarded

2022 is going to be a good year bros

Attached: S22+Graphite.jpg (324x382, 17.5K)

Jokes on you, I didn't buy a phone last year.

Attached: 1644960667953.png (657x527, 212.37K)