How often do you upgrade smartphones?

How often do you upgrade smartphones?

Attached: 1644864911937.png (559x680, 787.31K)

Still using my S6. It just werks.

i have not owned a smartphone since 2012

Never, anything without official LineageOS or GrapheneOS is straight unusable so there's not much to choose from either.

When it dies or gets stolen.
I had a dumb Samsung flip phone and its battery died out, then got a used N95 but I was robbed while on the subway. Got a Lumia 520 in 2013 until 2019 when I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and I keep using it.

4 times since 2012,

i have never owned a smart phone in my life, not even a flip phone

>living around niggers
Move to the north east, even if you it means a paycut. The price of living around those savages can't be worth it
>t. live in a state where I can leave my car running while I go into the store

gato acosador

When I get one for free. I’m using an iPhone X my old job got for me, they paid like 35 bucks for it and then got bought and I wasn’t retained. I kept about 65 grand worth of shit, sold most of it. I should’ve held onto it, though, what with prices being what they are now.

every year, i must consoom

Memes aside unironically what's the optimal time to upgrade? Every 2-3 years? Or buy a flagship and run it into the ground as long as you can?

Based.

Never. Root/jailbreak your shit and use it until it dies then use a flip phone.

Every 2 to 3 years. I have an iPhone 12 Pro now which I might hold on to for long on account of the sturdier screen

Latest top of the line iPhone model since 2008, every year.

I buy $100-150 used phones and use them without a case until I break them. Since I'm not tied into a specific app ecosystem I usually also switch between iOS and Android this way. I only use my phone for calls, text, emails. Every phone released in the last 10 years can do that. I'm not autistic enough to want to play games or movies on a pocket device.

Usually when they stop getting security updates I need to start thinking about it.

Just bought an S22 coming from an S8 that's becoming noticeably slow
Can't really format it as I have some files in here that's on an app that I can't backup
So that's what... 5 years?

Attached: 1644958477136.jpg (262x192, 18.65K)

When the old one breaks/is no longer usable

If I ever buy another one it'll be too soon.

I’m going to travel to your state and drive back with your car

>change jobs every two years
>get new phone with dual sim capability every time

Just handed in my iPhone 11 at my last company last month. On a Samsung Galaxy S20 now. Both dual sim.

my oneplus 6T is still going strong (2018 apparently), i'll probably upgrade when the battery goes to shit

I went from OnePlus 5t to the OnePlus 7 Pro and i bought them at launch if that answers your question.