I love CS so much it's unreal

i love CS so much it's unreal
do you love what you're doing now fellow IT bro?

Attached: 1643602400868.gif (100x100, 7.27K)

yeah, I like to bitch about it but programming is actually pretty fun

I love the idea of it, I'm pretty shit at programming otherwise.

I just started learning python with a crash course book and it's pretty fun to make little lines of code to call my fat friend a fat bitch in different ways. Hoping to make a bot for him one of these days.

I was thinking of making my own thread, but this one seems good; I currently am a "subcontractor" for an IT company where basically my duties are to help rich old people use their smart TV's properly or teach them Gmail. How do I make the next step and start programming and get into the well-paying side of IT? The way I see it I'm a glorified geek squad agent who makes $50-$75 an hour. I want more.

i would recommend getting the A+ or Network+. instant bump in pay and you can move into more specialized roles later(sys admin? SOC analyst? cloud practitioner?). the specialized roles pay really well in the states right now. do not be fooled, it is pretty difficult for people over 25 with no prior programming xp to get into software which is the only bubble left

No, I am an Android developer. I hate Google so much and every year Android becomes worse and I can do less. I want to go back to being an embedded C++ developer so bad. The reason I dont is because I am paid well and work for an amazingly generous company with almost no stress.

Attached: file.png (288x225, 65.95K)

are certifications really the way to go over a traditional 4 year degree? I never graduated from college, but I started the Network+ research a few weeks ago. Thank you kind user

Attached: zbam8foecx781.jpg (224x224, 5.77K)

yes, kinda gonna be a sysadmin maybe in future, networking is pretty ez, at least so far but I like programming a bit more rn. C is very fun so far. let's gooo!!!

About to finish my degree and start a comfy job, but I have doubts of whether this field is for me and how long I am going to survive in it. Trouble is, it is probably the only thing I am actually good at because I am a huge sperg with no other applicable skills.

Attached: 1643676172673.jpg (850x1035, 149.58K)

it really depends on your mobility, and where you live now. degrees are losing importance in the states, but tech boomers still expect a BS, this will be how it "do be" for the next decade at least. i have graduated with a traditional degree, and hold a few security certs(incl the Security+). i see more importance being put o n having home labs and a portfolio/personal blog when hiring network engineers, aside from a reputable networking certification
put in the effort and make that pay jump. keep an eye on reddit/circles to see how others are making these jumps, its completely doable
many people make the mistake of being stuck helpdesk for years and being undecided
good luck user :)

I hate programming so much it's unreal
just about to finish my uni faculty and I have had 5 classes dealing with programming and every single one of them was like a march through hell for me
I swear, I preferred mathematics to this

>huge sperg with no other applicable skills
im by the way. i have always been kind of a social outcast.i live a secluded life and it does become difficult interviewing, because most of the time hiring managers just hire people they like. and im VERY arrogant, and cold
>no i dont want to "get some drinks". Drinks=soda! because alcohol is hecking drugs! and systematically globini-ist
>no i dont want to attend your "town hall"
>no i dont want to attend your Corporate(TM) sponsored Work-Fun(C)(R) football game
coworkers give me shit for not being "engaged". its also difficult to clock in-clock out dot on time to these smiling talking heads. but its easy once you get the job, no one gets fired for not being a """team player"""
just remember you dont have to ever start bend down to corporate mba mind control BULLSHIT. i do my job and do it well, and they dont bother me anymore about being cold anymore

would it be in my interest to learn programming languages as well as getting my certifications? I'm unsure what I would want to do but I'm fascinated with code and I love reading it, but I'm unsure of which to start with. I'm in Los Angeles.

Confession: I have worked in computer environments since 1977
Mainframe environments
client-server environments
etc etc
Not one single solitary day has felt like work
Even when the shit hits the fan, It's like an episode of star trek
How do we think our way out of this shit
what are the options
how long will it take
I now own my own company that gets other companies out of the shit when their own IT department just can't figure out the solution.
We hack and crack - we do this and that, and we get companies out of the deep shit they are in, and when we do that, the companies we help usually sack all of their own IT department and hire us to keep them running. Not a single solitary day can I remember when I hated the work I have been doing, except at this level: I wish I had been a carpenter instead, because nothing in the IT world lasts longer than 20,30, or 40 years at most, but a master carpenters work could last a 1000 years. That's the only thing that pains me

Respectable, I was always able to get through the technical aspects of interviews, but always fucked up the behavioural interviews for this reason. Eventually, I just gave up on trying to be myself, and just started pretending to have their personality until I got a job. However, it was incredibly boring and straining trying to listen to people talk about roundabout nonsense for 45 minutes. Maybe I am just defective.

On the other hand, the last company I worked at seemed to all also be social outcasts, but were complete cunts to work with.

>user this code is broken and it's your fault, I'm right, you're wrong, despite me not properly investigating the issue, and I won't let you investigate it either

I think that is why I am starting to partially regret this career choice, but perhaps a better workplace where I am just left alone and spoken to in plain English when help is required will be better; I am still young and ignorant.

Attached: 1643618021539.jpg (900x900, 83.36K)

I like learning new and fun things related to my area of interest (web/core/api), although at some point you learn enough and you stop learning new things and have to move on or be bored to death doing the same thing over and over

I too love customer service

yes that is very weird. somehow bad workplace virus spreads throughout the company, usually starting with management.look at the blizzard scandal, fuck. must be just us, because a lot of people apply to companies specifically for their "fun" and "culture fit". even then its a coin toss of your "lead"/"mentor"/...(aka boss) being a complete dip.when i got into tech, i thought boomer boss was a joke. IT IS REAL, and they have ZERO SELF AWARENESS. but it would be fun to work at a smaller place with your team mostly of people your same demogrpahics and interests, only if youre lucky DESU.
they only make it difficult for me to work when they involve me in their Farewell to Deborah from Marketing(excuse for HR and middle mgmt to go to a michelin star restaurant and splurge, also KEK deborah didnt get raises according to inflation, also this is only for a LinkedIn post on how nice our culture fit is). it is very difficult to fit in sometimes, ive never been to a bar in my life, and think theyre RETARDED. imagine how much fun it must be to hang out with me, for you social butterflies
hm id suggest getting a technical/IT certification first, faster and tangible results. you can do programming on the side. once you get a higher paying role, (m y recommendation would be to) familizrize with linux and servers. use python, regex, journald/syslog and get into runbooks and automation. you can go for a linux cert too at this point. then you can get into the operations side of software.remember, ASK your employer to pay for courses/certifications. its obviousl why they would oblige you.

HAHAAHA i NEVER wrote" desu". somehow i got a tic and wrote it unknowingly
i once wrote "spooge" in an email

Thank you my dude. Im assuming that Comptia+ is the only pathway for getting these certificates?