Always had this annoying little "Virtual Desktop" icon in my Task Bar on my laptop using Windows 7...

Always had this annoying little "Virtual Desktop" icon in my Task Bar on my laptop using Windows 7. I have no idea what it is or why it is there. I can always right-click and Exit but I want to get rid of it be it uninstall or disable. I tried doing a search for it but "Virtual Desktop" is to vague a term to get any results. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to get rid of it?

Attached: Win-VDT.png (459x225, 53.65K)

virus :(

I don't think so. It's been there since Day 1. If it is, the laptop came with it on. I just assume it is some of the crap that comes with new PCs.

The thumbnail gave me the impression that you had a single giant foot as your desktop background
>windows 7
Only use software that receives security updates

Unironically install clean microsoft windows 7 iso without manufacturer's bloat.

i clearly see that you has malware installed, please remove that first

It looks like a windows program to emulate workspaces like you have on linux. You can switch to another "desktop" where you see different programs open

This
/thread

Looks like it was potential something called "PHotKey". Went through Day 1 installation software and got rid of things I knew I didn't need. That seems to have gotten rid of it.

>windows 7 in current year
bruh

Attached: Sankarea_-_07_13.35_2019.06.21_14.37.53.jpg (1920x1080, 348.55K)

It's a 2013 Gaming PC. What do you want from me?

Updates are now forced because of retards like you

It's proprietary closed source and more importantly it's out of support.
You're not going to get much security form running that OS at this point.

Anything better?

>You WILL update to our latest spyware, and you WILL be happy!

use process explorer's target icon thingy, drag it to a context menu or tooltip or some other UI element that's associated with the icon and it'll show you what process owns it.

based Windows 7. trannys should kill themselves

Why would I install Win 10/11 on my ancient gaming laptop that probably can't even run those OS or if it could it would drastically reduce performance due to the extra resources they would require?

It's your choice in the end
But not receiving security updates means any gaping ass vulnerability in your OS will foreverially be there and ready to be exploited

MS Security Essentials still updates to win7, not much longer though unfortunately

Microsoft only offers downgrades

user
The only reason I have win7 is for garmin updates. Windows went in a shit direction after 7. I'm a GNU/linux user now.