AMD closes record chip industry deal with about $50-billion purchase of Xilinx

cnbctv18.com/technology/amd-closes-record-chip-industry-deal-with-about-50-billion-purchase-of-xilinx-12491592.htm

AMDchads, I kneel...

Attached: chip_semiconductor_intel-1019x573.jpg (500x300, 17.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

datacenterknowledge.com/industry-perspectives/intel-s-unsold-processors-are-piling
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't stop winning

>chip_semiconductor_intel-1019x573.jpg

lol they took Intel's baggage.

>Nothing personnel jensen

Attached: 1528416610340.jpg (1280x720, 92.13K)

How is it allowed for the duopoly to keep growing unchecked? Altera and Xilinx were virtually a duopoly in FPGA too and now they're owned by Intel and AMD

datacenterknowledge.com/industry-perspectives/intel-s-unsold-processors-are-piling

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324.49K)

>Semiconductor designer Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) said on Monday it has finalized the purchase of Xilinx Inc in a record chip industry deal valued at about $50 billion. The closing of the deal comes on the heels of Nvidia Corp abandoning its plans to buy SoftBank-owned Arm Ltd, citing regulatory hurdles.
>AMD's transaction moved ahead with all necessary approvals for the acquisition, it said. The deal, announced in October 2020, was originally valued at $35 billion, but the rise of AMD stock has pushed up the price tag, according to AMD.
>The purchase of Xilinx helps AMD "capture a larger share of the approximately $135 billion market opportunity we see across cloud, edge and intelligent devices,” said AMD CEO Lisa Su in a statement.

>The transaction comes as AMD intensifies its battle with Intel Corp in the data center chip market. The combined company will have over 15,000 engineers and a completely outsourced manufacturing strategy that relies heavily on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC).
>The two US companies have benefited from a more nimble approach to grabbing market share from Intel, which has struggled with internal manufacturing.
>AMD has long been Intel's chief rival for central processor units (CPUs) in the personal computer business.
>AMD's Su will lead the combined company as chief executive, with Xilinx's CEO Victor Peng as president of the newly formed Adaptive and Embedded Computing Group.
>The companies expect the deal to generate $300 million in cost savings.

Nevermimd I thought it was something actually interesting. STFU OP.

seethe

Will enjoy seeing what AMD can come up with the interconnect tech acquiring Xilinx gives them access to.

>d I thought it was something actually interesting
It's interesting if your understanding of technology goes beyond gayman appliances.

Fyi guys the best intel gpu will be as strong as a 6800x and they will release those after the 7000x lol

I mean even for gayming there is things that could be interesting like lower inter CCD latency / lower costs.

>50 billion purchase
>300 million in cost savings
huh?

FPGAs and programmable logic are quite interesting, xilinx has some interesting packaging/interconnect tech as well. Sure you need to be interested in electronics of be in the field to know what they are but still.

Well I mean Intel acquired Altera in 2015 so AMD is kinda late to the party.

Altera is a trash company though and they make second rate FPGAs. Xilinx is kind of the only company on the bleeding edge in this segment.

Most likely Zen5 big cores + Zen4 small cores + fuckton of 3D cache for both desktop and laptop

The retardation you posted has literally nothing to do with Xilinx IP.

You don't know how chiplets work retard, go back to Any Forums

YOU have no idea what you're talking about at all and trying to hand waive it when you're called out is a laughably infantile response.
Literally not one singular thing you even remotely hinted at there has to do with Xilinx and their portfolio. AMD has Infinity Fabric, they can bond out to anything, they can internally on the same die incorporate anything, and they don't need Xilinx to do that.

I literally don't game at all. I just use my computer thats runs GNU/Linux to write .txt files all day. It doesn't change my point that this purchase was nothing a value. Shit ass thread.

>a thread died for this, kek.

Its okay to be retarded.

seethe. amd wasted their money. Nothing of value was bought.

>their money
acquisition paid for by a stock issue lmao faggot

seethe more amd shill. They will never hire you.

Attached: pepe.jpg (1200x675, 98.21K)

>no U
Brainlet

Intelbros...

>I was dead wrong, embarrassed myself, and my fragile sperg ego won't just let me stop posting!
Pathetic. Retarded. Get gassed.
Your idiotic posts contributed absolutely nothing. AMD does not need Xilinx IP to join two of its own in house cores together.