Why does it still exist?

why does it still exist?

Attached: shiteron.png (800x800, 275.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puma_(microarchitecture)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremont_(microarchitecture)#Embedded_processors_(Elkhart_Lake)
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/96163/intel-celeron-processor-g6900-4m-cache-3-40-ghz.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because intel is for turd worlder poorshits.

poorfags.

because poor linuxfags think that's all you need.

because inteljews want to squeeze out every last shekel for their garbage instead of producing a lasting meaningful product like amd

Why not?
Would you rather let that silicon get thrown away?
Do you really think you need more to browse Any Forums and jack off to chinese cartoons?

thin clients

>consumes zero electricity
>hardware decodes every codec effortlessly
one of the most based CPUs in existence, only brainlets avoid them

Maximum profit for intelaviv

Attached: wyse 3040 specs.png (1192x884, 172.81K)

let me guess, you NEED more?

planned e-waste

That uses a phone-level Atom, not a Celeron.

Celerons are just relabeled atoms these days, and Atom phone socs havent been made for a few years. That's a tablet and embedded soc.

because AMD has nothing in that range

Low end Core-i are branded Pentium Gold or Celeron
Newer Atom are branded Pentium Silver or Celeron

the latest Atom (n5100/n6000) does actually quite decent 4c4t performance at 5w

>producing a lasting meaningful product like amd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puma_(microarchitecture)

Because you don't need more.

some Atoms are still being labeled as such
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremont_(microarchitecture)#Embedded_processors_(Elkhart_Lake)

I got a cheap ass mini pc with a Celeron J4125 and it's perfect for office work, literally don't need more than this

There are millions of PCs sold that don't need more, eg Word/Excel boxes, POS terminals, etc.

Intel literally just made a Celeron with the same cores as their newest flagship i9.

any low end amd cpu blows this out the water.

There haven't been any Pentium or Celeron based on last 3 mainstream Intel cores. They are all Atoms now.
ADL will have some in the future, but based on cuck Atom cores, and not the P-cores.

Actually , throwing creates less waste here as keeping adds packaging, transportation and distribution emissions for a chip which will not be relevant in 2 years and as result will be thrown in can anyways.

>buy super cheap celeron / 4gb memory laptop
>put gentoo on it
>great battery life portable office machine
>3 watt consumption when using libreoffice
pretty based if you ask me

Attached: fgcei.jpg (604x516, 30.81K)

>Intel literally just made a Celeron with the same cores as their newest flagship i9.
It only has the cuck cores of the i9, which are Atoms.

>ADL will have some in the future, but based on cuck Atom cores, and not the P-cores.
bullshit
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/96163/intel-celeron-processor-g6900-4m-cache-3-40-ghz.html

>chip which will not be relevant in 2 years
I work in a law firm and people are still using 15 year old Core 2 desktops. You have no idea how low people's standards are

Funnily enough, the power efficient cores are the P-cores. E-cores aren't power efficient, they're area efficient.

No, everything below i5-12600K only has performance cores, Celeron included.

imagine missing all CPU-related news for the last two months and still being confident to post

Attached: nigger.png (345x402, 130.09K)

I'll one up it.
I stand corrected.

ironically G6900 probably would've been a better CPU overall if it had 4 cuck cores instead of 2 big cores

although AMD really needs to step their low-end game up so Intel is forced to at least add HT to Celeron and bump the Pentium to 4 cores