Remember when CD-ROM drives had an integrated audio cd player which could be controlled even when the PC was off or in...

Remember when CD-ROM drives had an integrated audio cd player which could be controlled even when the PC was off or in sleep mode? Never forget what ((they)) stole from you

Attached: products_26054_image1.jpg (800x453, 56.65K)

why the fuck would I want that feature

If the PC was off how was it powered?

wtf is a CD?

Liquid natural gas

a computer being off and a computer having no power running through it are two very different things, user

I do, but I have no idea how it would work.

i forgot :(

Cash deposit

They took away another useless feature nobody used once motherboards all came with inbuilt audio chipsets.

itt dumb shit boomers did to cope with not having spotify

> audio CDs are dumb shit
kek dumb troll

yea, when i was a kid i didn't have disc player, so i rigged one from computer cd drive and psu.

could only be controlled when pc power was switched on. there weren't sleep modes around when this was a thing, user.
these drives didn't function with the power off, retard.
> you will own nothing but low quality mp3 encodes supplied by jewish record labels
kill yourself as soon as possible, thanks.

It used 8bit dac and audio quality was not that good.

>low quality mp3
stream quality is bandwidth dependent pajeet, maybe if you got better internet it would sound better

youre actually retarded. turning a PC off doesnt kill the power to the PSU or even mainboard, only to the CPU, which is why even with no CMOS battery a plugged in PC will not lose bios settings or its time.

i had one of these and it absolutely worked with the computer shut down. the audio output would only work when it was in audio cd only mode (could not be used for pc audio or while the drive was reading a data cd), and while the computer was on could be controlled in software. they werent as good as a dedicated cd player, but being able to use the same device for two things was nice.

you have to be over 18 to post here btw

why do incels fetishize obsolete tech?
you will never be a kid anymore, grow up

all polcels must be shot on sight, no exceptions

That's true, it's like living already spent time but it's sometimes hard to resist practical nostalgia.
Out of all old stuff only thing that has feels for me is watching movies on vhs and maybe old serial terminals.
CDs, cassettes, floppies, old windows, dos, old games, they do nothing for me, like I tried that all in recent times and it got boring after 15 minutes.

It does with an AT psu.

Now, modern computer takes less power then old cd roms.

I never understood what the point of this was. Was it because software music players weren't advanced enough?