Do these federal building have their own link to the rest of the internet or are they using the same ISP as the plebs...

Do these federal building have their own link to the rest of the internet or are they using the same ISP as the plebs? What kind of OS do they use for their servers?

How secure are Government servers and network these days? Back in the 90s everything was wide open and teen crackers were getting into everything. Surely they've improved since then.

Attached: OKC_FederalBuilding4.jpg (916x700, 274.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiless.org/wiki/SORM?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

remember when you would get visits from the FBi for asking questions like these?
i member

Historically significant companies or institutions may have their own ASN. That's about it.

imagine having the a vast net of information at your fingertips, yet you still chose to be a newfag.

The major centers likely have their own private network. I know a few of the major companies I worked with have their own cables under the roads to critical server farms and the like, bypassing ISPs, so the government will likely have the same.

Why would you self censor in this day and age? Glows are welcome to come seize my drives and sift through terabytes of anime and a thousand variations of pepe and wo|söy|jak.

Why would anybody want to hack the government ? They would just find you and kill you ?

electronic and paper formats are compromised

Interesting. I've heard a lot of Government buildings still use an older CAT5 standard. I can't remember what it's called.

I don't want to hack them. I'm just interested in how they're set things up. I want to know how secure the data is. I have a right to know. A lot of the data is about me.

The server farms they've build inside America are huge. What are they storing in them? How much bandwidth does that shit consume? They are taking a copy of all internet traffic at the major nodes. I want to see how they've managed to do that in real time. I want to know how long their retention is.

It's crazy to think about this. That is a lot of data.

This high security uses private fiber

> Do these federal building have their own link to the rest of the internet or are they using the same ISP as the plebs?
Either direct link or a MPLS, you can search for contracts on who their specific ISP is though. There isn't much about it that is particularly fancy. You can look up separately their trust network for the bureau in question (all public info easy to find).
> What kind of OS do they use for their servers?
They will mostly use Windows server versions, and more rarely linux (99% RHEL).
> How secure are Government servers and network these days?
While the US government does not have the best vulnerability patching practices, it is good enough and things have to stay within their compliance goals. Probably the more important things that they do are follow good enough secure practices, and do a good deal of layering. People generally are not breaking into their networks via their internet connections. The vast overwhelming amount of information that is leaked to the public has been exfiltrated by an employee. Certainly there is more information being sold/spied to Israel, China, Russia, etc. but it isn't necessarily a network security problem. The number of phishing emails sent to government email accounts might shock you.
The thing is, the US is so fucking retarded that most of this shit can be quite easily found out with minimal effort. The amount of open source information on the US government in every aspect is incredible compared to the PRC, Russia, etc. If I were them I wouldn't even try, the enormity of the bureaucracy doing nothing but hurting itself is not worth infiltrating that way, cheaper to use spies to send them the odd interesting tidbit once a year. Shutting them down when you need to is easier done physical means. Might as well just go after their finances electronically since there is no chance of consequences doing it anyway.

all government and military agencies use GLOW (Government Low Overhead WAN) service provider to effectively be able to access their own secure internal network

What happens at 33 Thomas Street? I really want to know.

Attached: AT&T_Long_Lines_building.jpg (532x800, 90.14K)

lol is this real?

> I want to know how secure the data is. I have a right to know. A lot of the data is about me.
> The server farms they've build inside America are huge. What are they storing in them? How much bandwidth does that shit consume?
Probably on some AIX/Linux cluster. GPFS is pretty common. The switches are what you would expect, 10gbps+, not really different than what any large storage facility would use.
It sounds like you are referring to what the NSA is holding about you, metadata mostly, or maybe the FBI DB.
Most federal agencies aren’t keeping jack shit about you generally though.
> I've heard a lot of Government buildings still use an older CAT5 standard. I can't remember what it's called.
Never heard of this, might just be refering to the wiring standard they use, T568A instead of using T568B, which is almost universal in private business.
To expand on this I will say the high you go in classification level, the worse the overall network is. The totally air-gapped nature of the classified networks obviously enormously reduces their attack surface though. If you are talking about data being held about you though, none of that is considered classified, but it is quite safe from outside access. I would worry far more about employees stealing your info, oversight of this is generally terrible, and as has been seen over and over again, they can flat get away with it even when caught.

military quite literally invented the internet, it would be wise for them to keep some implementations to their own and affiliated gov agancies

>The totally air-gapped nature of the classified networks obviously enormously reduces their attack surface though.
This is what I'm worried about. If you read recent executive orders the glow niggers are moving to "the cloud". They've changed the law to allow commercial partners to store classified data. The Government is agencies are getting rid of their dedicated servers and renting resources from FAGMAN instead. They've also changed the law to allow the various alphabets to share data between themselves.

To me it sounds like they're just said fuck it and plan to merge the different databases together. That would be the best way to build a total profile of every citizen. From there you could have your social credit system with your good boy points. They already do it in China.

Not much interesting. As related to the NSA program, all communications that flow through the carriers there have the metadata of their connections siphoned off and that information is then sent to a DB, maybe a local store first, but then eventually to a larger one. I know one is in Utah, and I imagine there is another copy in the DC area. Just reading up on PRISM, and reading through snowden's slides will tell you everything you could want to know.
Russia has a known similar setup
wikiless.org/wiki/SORM?lang=en

I've read all of that material. It's 10 years old now. Keep that in mind. I think their abilities have gotten a lot better since then. They must be storing tons of meta data they weren't 10 years ago. They're studying it. Just observing how people travel during the day would be very useful. I know they can remotely turn on cell phones and listen in. Everyone probably has 3-4 state level actors spying on them at any given time.

They already use mostly AWS (the CIA loves it), but its maybe not what you'd think. It is on-prem AWS, and/or AWS at an Amazon facility that has a totally separate area for government clients. I don't know that I feel any worse about the situation than what it was before. To my knowledge I dont know that an amazon employee has any kind of access, or even if so not any more than the legion of contractors that already do.
The NSA specifically already has the working of what I would call a centralized DB that is a very holistic profile, although previously targeting Islamic jihadists, mostly of the foreign variety. I think we can confidently assume that has been changed to their next targets of interest.

There isn't much MORE they could probably capture than, everything. However I think the world of SIEM's (splunk, etc) are enormously useful for them to attempt to wade through the incredibly vast sea of data, especially once they (CIA/NSA especially, but also DHS/FBI/ATF/DEA) have a target in mind.

A good example of this is the NSA tard' that was never punished, or even had investigation into them, for making up the story that Michael Cohen visited Prague to meet with the "KGB" (These people are literally so dumb they don't know the name of the Russian security services). And thus MUH RUSHA!
The whole thing was originally made up because whoever was searching found a booking for a Michael Cohen with I believe the same birthday, just happened to be booking for a totally different guy, not the famous slimy kike lawyer in question.