Discuss

Discuss

Attached: progressive-web-app-vs-native-app-comparison.png (750x400, 27.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxy-svg.com/app
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based. Nativefags cope, browsers are operating systems. Cniles stay BTFO or accept the only relevant native code left will be device drivers and browser engines

>faster ui
What are they smoking?

didnt java do this decades ago

If you actually use modern web APIs and patterns like shadow DOM and web animations, you can actually create lightweight and smooth web apps. Of course, retards use bloated toolchains and 7 year old design patterns and animation libraries that have insane main thread load and their trash is laggy garbage for the sake of muh compatibility with IE11 and ancient chrome and firefox versions

Nobody cares about Java/C# anymore.
Go/Typescript are the hottest choice

Brown hands typed this

Indeed. Now head back to durgapajeet's classroom.

nobody said that web apps cannot have a "fast ui"
but it's ridiculous to suggest that web apps have "faster uis" (whatever the fuck that even means) than native applications.
maybe some of them do, but not all. probably not even a majority. especially if your native application isn't a bloated piece of shit

PWA
>cross-platform, looks like shit everywhere
>low inital cost, maintenance will cost as much as developing from scratch everytime you switch to the framework of the week
>installation of chrome required because webshitters only test with one browser
>offline usability (they think this is something to be proud of, doesnt work anyways)
>dogshit slow ui while still consuming multiple gigabytes of ram and spinning up your fans
>data consumption equal to other imolementations
NATIVE
>every platform uses it's own widgeting toolkit
>high inital cost, frameworks rock solid for the next decades
>installation required, doesn't contaminate your computer without your consent
>blazing fast because shit's not emulated
>look, I don't understand why webniggers want google to spider their shit but I'm sure glad the big all seeing eye isn't looking through my stuff on my harddrive as of now
>doesn't remove the feature you need when you blink at the wrong moment

Depending on the complexity of the application, web apps might unironically be faster. Any Forums loves to jerk off native but a lot of native software is just as slow as webshit.

If you want to see the future of web apps, boxy-svg.com/app is one that uses the latest and greatest APIs, it starts fast and is super smooth. Only works in the latest chrome versions or Firefox Nightly with CSSOM enabled

Classic Win32 runs everywhere from win2k to win10 and Linux and Mac as well, due to this thing called Wine which is basically Linux subsystem for Windows. It is THE universal GUI toolkit.
>inb4 m-muh mobile shit Device
don't care

>not indexed by google
Oh no, Master Google!

>Platform specific
Use Java and you've solved that problem

Take Java pill
>Cross platform
>Hire low wage pajeet develop
>Portable, runs on usb disk
>SOVL SWING UI
>You don't need update

>Unsupported browser
>Doesn't support Firefox
Any real reason?

>webshitters in charge

>literally using dark patterns as a rethorical strategy
I hate webshits so fucking much

It depends on the constructable stylesheets API which is currently a draft-level spec thats constantly changing. Firefox has an implementation in Nightly that you can enable, thats why the site works there. this is literally the only reason. It's even polyfillable but the iNigger creator doesn't care enough to do it

Native is much lower cost. You hire 1-2 developers for each platform and you get results that would otherwise take 3 months in 2 weeks.
Whereas webshitters will have to write native code anyway to deal with some specific UI needs, lower level features and performance issues.

ask me why I'm not suprised your shitty webapp requires me to install a user hostile browser

Attached: Screenshot_20220215-111831_Fennec.png (1080x1920, 148.7K)

So, just to make sure i understand properly: The Progressive Web Apps are... webpages you can download and then open again from your computer?

>i don't care about mobile
If you write code to be used by people, you probably shouldn't ignore significant portion of potential user base.

I dunno why he can't figure out le sdl+opengl is supported everywhere.

>Fans
>mobile
??
Mobiles are probably 40-50 times bigger than your autistic desktop, stupid nigger. Nobody gives a fuck about desktops. Get a job.
Java doesn't work on iOS.
>Whereas webshitters will have to write native code anyway to deal with some specific UI needs
What UI need? React Native is not native and it's used by billions of users and by billion dollar companies.
And how does hiring 2 developers handling two platforms by themselves and paying for 2 app platforms cheaper than unified web app?