YouTube pruning old videos

What would you do if YouTube started mitigating having to store unnoteworthy videos indefinitely by pruning unnoteworthy or forgotten content that hasn't generated impressions lately not unlike how Any Forums or danbooru works?

What if they announce that this only affects videos uploaded for free, and paid uploads aren't subject to pruning?

Attached: 2022-02-14-202904_1217x774_scrot.png (1217x774, 258.57K)

Entirely reasonable, I would do the same thing if I were google.

On the other hand, they could start promoting very old videos to try at least MAKE them profitable

I should probably start archiving old stuff on odysee and archive.org

You are a faggot. Kill yourself you big tech loving kike.

Unwanted videos and makers are basically parasites

>I have to spend money on the infrastructure to host all of this video that no one has watched for years because i just have to ok?

Based.
Cringe, gtfo bootlicking shabbos goy.

YouTube is the new TV.
There are several sevuces with potential to becone new YouTube.
I guess I'm going to archive a bunch of old videos and move on from YT.

>source
>no link
fuck you fag

Oh God all those azumanga videos will disappear forever ;__;

It's fake. Look at the date

> I have a fuckhuge amount of storage
> i push ridiculous amounts of ads to your face
> I will track you day and night and know the last nuance of your life even if you never use any google product (google analytics is everywhere)
> I will push youtube premium and make you pay $14.99 and personal data to am ad supported service
> I will take away the income of creators and complain about dmca or adblockers
And now I will take away your means to share videos with your friends and family because I can't stuff them full of ads. Also I will remove videos looked at by a small group (small countries, hobbyists)
Next up: Only corpos and puppets thereof can publish, so that content on youtube will become ads.

How can we make content creators leave youtube?

How do you think Youtube became a thing? All videos were unwanted in 2005. All popular Youtubers started off as unwanted parasites who uploaded for fun.
If all you have is instantly profitable content, that’s just TV. The whole point is that anyone can make anything, no matter if they have a team with an agenda and budget behind them or not. I don’t need to be Discovery making auction sales shows, I can be user McAutist talking about why I hate your dumb ass, and still post it online and share it with the world.

Read the OP retard

All the most popular youtube videos in 2005-2008 were clips taken from TV shows or composed almost entirely of clips from TV shows.
Parastic content not worth watching, youtube didn't become big until after they were sued by viacom.

*until after they were seen as a threat by viacom and others

Weak bait

This is complete and utter bullshit and you know it.

Kill yourself, corporate bootlicker.

It's time for the internet to go p2p. Distributed streaming could easily surpass youtube in terms of hosting capability with a large user base.

you WILL watch content creators

>YouTube is the new TV.
Internet is the new TV.
There, fixed it for you.

Attached: 1626427805177.png (1401x702, 1.72M)

They've already deleted a bunch of videos. Last year they purged a bunch of the unlisted content. One of my channels got hit by it and I lost 50 uploads.

They already hide and purge a lot of shit they consider wrong-think or "conspiracy theory". Videos tagged like that won't even come up in search results for the various youtube apps. Since you have no way to input the url directly you can't watch those videos. Even on PC they're getting hard to find unless you know the direct link.

The other user is right youtube has become the new TV. It's where everyone idles between big events. It's where everyone listens to music. It's where everyone participates in live content. It's MTV, CNN, sports, movie night, and home movies all rolled into one platform. They want to you watch 24/7 and shill things to you with the commercials. They target you with ads based on what you've watched. They shill car insurance to me constantly because I look up a lot of how-to fix car videos.

They will never go to a pay-to-upload model. They make too much off the meta data they collect. Youtube has always been run at a loss.

They (FAGMAN) will never allow p2p. They've effectively put us back on the mainframe model. Everything will go through FAGMAN servers so they can log the meta data. In return you get "free" bandwidth and storage on FAGMAN servers. They do this because they want to spy on us. That's why glow niggers are merging with FAGMAN. Go read Biden's executive orders. They're moving all the Fed's shit to "the cloud". FAGMAN is getting access to everything the Feds know because they're going to be sharing all the meta data. It's over.

p2p should have taken over 10-15 years ago. The web and everything else should be in a p2p network. No data would ever be lost. But the law makes it impossible. No one wants to take the risk of hosting "illegal data". So everything has to be moderated and monitored by law. The law requires you to have jannys and report incidents when illegal content is uploaded to your server.

What's interesting is all these videos are showing up on rumble and it's gaining a lot of traction.