MPV has optional 4K "AI" upscaling

>MPV has optional 4K "AI" upscaling
>only for weebshit anime, not for actual live action footage

Attached: 1635293703092.jpg (2400x1800, 322.44K)

Probably because IRL footage doesn't have big section with basically the same color which would look bad in higher resolutions.
There is a reason why watching LAs in 360p can be acceptable while watching anime in anything less than 720p is not.

>There is a reason why watching LAs in 360p can be acceptable
no it literally can't

>Minimalistic player
>AI upscaling

Much of the anime is easy for AI since it's largely static backgrounds and images, colors are not as varied as they are in real life, and the like.

What are the best filters btw?

Attached: bluray vs laserdisc.jpg (1920x2120, 848.82K)

Have you ever watched movies released to DVD?
It's all 480p
Much like anime back then.
They looked good(not to mention CRTs helped) anime specifically had the benefit of being hand drawn back then.

>Have you ever watched movies released to DVD?
yes, and it's still shit
360p is even a lot worse

>It's all 480p
For me its 720x576

I am not talking about releases to DVD now.
Talking about when DVD releases were considered the high quality option and the only other option was fucking tape.
Those releases looked good

>Talking about when DVD releases were considered the high quality
back then you were watching them on blurry shit tier and tiny CRTs retard
they didn't look good

CRTs looked good and had nicer color faggot.

>this arbitrary feature I want to use doesn't work the way I want it to
somebody call the waambulance. touch grass

they didn't zoomer/millennial hipster cunt

upscaling vector graphics on animated content is easier than upscaling IRL footage because there's way less shit to keep track of and "guess"
much easier to fill an upscaled tree with a solid green color fill than try to "AI Upscale" an actual leaf and the per-pixel coloring and variations

The fact that you claim that proves you've never seen a CRT display in your short life.

nah, I'm just old enough to actually remember that shit without your hipster fantasy cope
faggot

Why lie, underaged kid ?

op is lying
he's not underage he's just smart enough to realize that the 500,000 moner crts you retards are comparing to shitty 2003 dell lcds aren't representitive of the average crt display

>>Minimalistic player
minimalist is a meme when it comes to mpv
filters are optional

My sony crt i literally got for free with a 200$ PC back in 2010 or so literally had better colors, than the 1080p lcd monitor i bought years later, still using that lcd as a second screen though.

>My sony crt i literally got for free with a 200$ PC back in 2010 or so literally had better colors, than the 1080p lcd monitor i bought years later
1: cope
2: don't buy the lowest tier crap
3: don't lie
4: kys hipster

once again comparing [random crt] to [random lcd]
Baste fuck hipsters

>gets btfo and proceeds to act like a faggot in order to save face

Like clockwork.

Attached: 1643768511464.gif (200x234, 193.06K)

shake m head. people dont really understand what minimalism is nowadays. retards like puke smith are in the making of generation of retards.

Your very short post has such a high density of mistakes, there's no way it isn't bait.

Attached: 65844392_p0.png (2508x2508, 2.77M)

>btfo
lol
>source: trust me bro, my CRT had """""better color""""" than non-specific fantasy lcd monitor, and no I did not do any measurements and have no data

my 0 dollar lcd I stole from a library has better colors than the sony crt I spent 5 million moners on