Can i sue this start up company?

i had an interview with a start-up company and admittedly i bombed it, it went so bad i didn't expect a phone call back. Days go by and i've been ghosted rightfully so. A few weeks later I am emailed a link to a video of the recording of my zoom interview that was posted on youtube. The title said something along the lines of "horrible interview, watch to learn what mistakes to avoid" by some asshole career coach. I never consented to having the interview recorded, can I press charges? my face is in it and I am being humiliated in the comment section. people are saying im retarded and stupid etc

Attached: bbcdcaec8a1012f1339293cbab4bc2c9.jpg (640x640, 44.57K)

Did you agree to being recorded?

this. if you signed something, it may have included that. otherwise just contact the youtuber and ask them to pull the video, if they don't comply, report to youtube.

link to video OP
we'll post some really hurtful comments to help your case

all jokes aside that may well be illegal. it might depend on your and the interviewer's two-party consent recording laws - in some states it's legal and some it's not. review any fine print you signed or privacy policy of the interview platform/company to make sure you didn't agree to it by mistake. also make sure to cool off and separate your feelings from the situation before taking any action, as it's easy to make mistakes when you're acting from emotion

archive the page + video too

this
AND THIS

Its hard to say without seeing the video.

I am an actual lawyer so if you post it here I might be able to tell you if you have a case.

link?

>can I press charges? my face is in it and I am being humiliated in the comment section. people are saying im retarded and stupid etc
Yes.

Also this ill rip him a new one for making my frenn cry shit imagine having a carer coach critique your social skills teaching it to npcs just for a interview right fuck off you leach.

This, zoom has a pop-up where it asks if you agree to be recorded.

Though IMO that is entirely different from them posting it with your face on Youtube without your consent, with your face, and making fun of you.

Should be pretty solid ground for Defamation and the like but if you ask me OP it would be much better to ask them to take down the video rather than full on suing them.

If you're in the US, especially if the company is CA based, most likely.
I remember when training for interviews they told us we're not even allowed to ask the candidate where he or she is from, let alone record and publicly humilate him or her.

read up on the laws about recording people in your state and read the fine print of anything you may have signed or emails you were sent. If you still think you have a case after, consult a lawyer. If you find out you don't have a legal case you should leave some nasty reviews wherever you can to warn others and damage their reputation in any way you can since they obviously don't care about damaging yours.

Don't be shy OP, I won't tease you. I'm genuinely afraid the same thing is going to happen to me because I bomb most of my interviews due to autism

Can't you complain to youtube directly? Just your being doxx'd/harassed etc. Maybe the youtube jannies will take it down.

That will get a takedown at best, no response most likely. user could end up walking away with some nice cash with a formal legal complaint.

At least it wasn't an audio recording at a BDSM whore house ...

>mfw when not seeing the sauce in thread

Attached: 1622589222953.gif (300x300, 3.6M)

Is that what happened to you user? I think it's time for story time...

>can I press charges?
No. But you can and should C+D them.

i don't want to talk about it

Attached: redditimage.png (1200x677, 725.51K)

I'd like to hear about it though.

good morning sirs