Xfce is dogshit generally and has not been updated in a year

>xfce is dogshit generally and has not been updated in a year
>kde is not light enough for old hardware
>lxqt looks like shit
>gnome is heavy
Is there a single good DE?

Attached: 1644795886154.jpg (3439x1437, 807.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/title/Budgie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgie_(desktop_environment)
templeos.org/
mate-desktop.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_(user_interface)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno but is i3 good?
I don't have the skill to compile shit yet.
New to Linux so don't want to do dwm yet.

lxqt looks good for me - i use the clearlooks theme. generally speaking it's the DE with the most potential

budgie?

wiki.archlinux.org/title/Budgie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgie_(desktop_environment)

>kde is not light enough for old hardware
you're retarded. you can run any DE on anything with more than 1GB of RAM made in the last 2 decades.

GNOME runs great on old hardware, they've made huge progress on efficiency in recent releases

awesomewm

>Is there a single good DE?
MATE and XFCE

The creator of budgie and solus had a mental breakdown and got kicked out of his wife's house lost all his computers and his kid

Yes.

Windows.

no, use a WM (i3, BSPWM, 2BWM etc)

See also:
templeos.org/

Best DE?

MATE?

mate-desktop.org/

You don't use a DE for low power hardware dum-dum.

>is i3 good
looks good to me. I'm a total noob to linux, but after being really frustrated with how shit gnome is, and how poorly KDE/XFCE ran and were to customise, I tried i3 and it's been great so far (been using it for almost a year now?)

it takes some getting used to, but if you take the time to read over the documentation, (not all at once, just as things come up that you see and wanna try, etc) it quickly becomes super simple to make changes. and the depth of shit you can set in it is pretty great.

use i3-gaps if you want something closer to a traditional desktop, or regular i3 if you want to maximise screen real estate

Attached: file.png (2559x1439, 1.81M)

CINNAMON SIR

Nice one user. I am gonna try i3 after being disappointed by the very basic options for DE.

>asuka fag
Based. I just finished rebuild and have mixed feelings, did you like them?

LXDE.

I thought they were alright, even hated them for a time but after finishing the last one I can't believe the elvels Anno went to in order to tell eva fans to go outside and get a GF already

the absolute most based series ever created, itself being a meta joke about itself. not even Kojima made something this impressively based

literally just stop watching anime, stop posting dumb shit on 4channel, stop replying to dumb shit on 4channel, install an office suite and a web browser that only gets opened to shop on Amazon

Openbox

lxde is perfect

Just use windows xp or 7

based means high on crack, niggerlover
stop worshipping niggers

yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_(user_interface)
lincels will seethe at this post