What FOSS projects are worth donating to?

I have ~$140 a month I'd like to start putting towards FOSS projects, already donating ~60$ to some others. What are some that won't use the money for retarded shit like the wikimedia foundation? I work for a M$ based company so none of the open source tools we use deserve my money.

Cuck licenses need not apply (unless there's a good reason for it, like Godot)

Attached: IMG_20210813_170217_017.jpg (886x720, 98.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/slackwarelinux
k9mail.app/2021/02/14/K-9-Mail-is-looking-for-funding
haiku-os.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uhm oh... schizophrenic dead man... I-I have to say the b-word

Donate to Arch

donate to twitch streamers my guy

I'd sooner donate to african cannibal warlords

patreon.com/slackwarelinux

Donate to Pat. It's his own distribution, and he's basically the Terry Davis of Linux

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks user. I looked at ffmpeg and jellyfin as well but they seem like they get enough money and ffmpeg has a bunch of big industry that depends on it anyway. Probably gonna give kde some as well but I hate having to have a github account for their sponsor thing.

I'd rather donate to vtubers

Attached: 1644892137100.png (618x683, 490.14K)

>but I hate having to have a github account for their sponsor thing.
i guarantee that github takes a portion of that money. they probably have a more direct way to donate since they want to keep as much of the money as possible

Based and cute

They do, but I'd prefer something that I can just set up to auto-contribute and write in my finances plan as "$200 - FOSS Donations" and forget about. I might just have to do it manually, you're probably right.

Donate to BorgBackup, that program is amazing. I'd donate if I weren't so poor

Donate to FOSS projects you use the most

K-9 Mail
k9mail.app/2021/02/14/K-9-Mail-is-looking-for-funding

Attached: db6be018-e710-4559-a760-28dda8938758.png (1079x1229, 392.71K)

kitty and calibre

Donate to the software you more use along the day, and donate less to software you don't use to much

Thunderbird

Try to donate to ReactOS and Haiku. ReactOS is opensorce reimplementation of windows that drivers and software compatible to windows. It's GPL project. htpps://reactos.org
Haiku is opensorce reimplementation of old OS - BeOS. It's MIT licensed and more mature than ReactOS. Here it's site haiku-os.org

You should donate to FSF so we keep having freedom.

donate directly to GIMP devs. Oyvind Kolas for example is the man behind the magic powering GIMP.
But if I were you I'd donate to nonprofits who fight for your rights. Noyb if your are european and the EFF if you are from murica. They operate on shoestring budgets and every cent helps.

what do you think about donating to makers of xmpp protocol/messengers?

Based and vcute