What went so wrong?

what went so wrong?

Attached: d6d471e7-fc48-49a0-bdcd-35bcee9eaf89.png (551x868, 95.68K)

Is this the lumberyard story?

>FOSS in an industry dominated almost exclusively by proprietary commercial software

They're worth every penny.

what do you mean ?

Nothing? They all have their uses.

My dream is to make a boomer shooter in Godot but I'm a novice programmer and don't want to learn a niche language.

Don't stress about languages, they're easy enough to pick up once you know the basics of programming

o3de is literally vaporwave, they haven't shown anything yet

it won't get him a job faggot.

When was it ever right?

And that is precisely why I want to stick to C# because its close enough to all the Java courses I have to take. From what I've read, C# support on Godot seems to be lacking.

Nothing actually. Godot recently released an alpha for 4.0 version and it's looking good so far. I can't say much about o3de but just to let you know they're using the cryengine as a base so adding it in is a bit redundant.

If you want to learn both gamedev and C# at the same time, just lean the Monogame framework.

nothing? i don't get this thread

>FOSS with a permissive license in an industry dominated almost exclusively by proprietary commercial software
You need GPL to break into an industry dominated by proprietary software. Permissive license is just shooting yourself in a foot. Yes, GPL is incompatible with console APIs, but I am sure some kind of exception could be written for that.

Can a port operate under a different license?

What about Unigine? No one mentions it except for the benchmarks programs.

Chris Occhipinti keeps posting Godot videos. I never watch them because I don't care about games. Is it useful in any general way, beyond being a toy?

it can export to html5, so you can make interactive website stuff i guess. i believe tesla uses it for their car displays

tpbp + kek

All of these have specific advantages and disadvantages that make none of them hit what I expect from the mainstream options.
>niche language.
It has an option for Python, doesn't it? Or at least, a language very similar to Python.

>GPL is incompatible with console APIs
LGPL and then have proprietary shim-libraries which bind the framework to consoles