Linux is fucking malware

>decided to ditch macOS for Linux because Any Forums says that Apple spies on me
>choose Ubuntu because apparently it's the only distro that is usable by normal people
>install hangs a few times
>takes forever
>boot up into a black screen
>doesn't work even after 5 resets
Wow, and now I have lost all my data. Linux wiped it all. It really is fucking malware. Thanks guys.

Attached: 1619304435772.jpg (680x680, 139.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/1357955/black-screen-after-installing-ubuntu-20-04-on-2010-imac-21-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>waaaaah i didn't backup my data before installing a new OS

Windows and MacOS don't wipe your data.
Linux wipes your data.

gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8 just w8 its sure to agit8 and cause anons to ber8

imagine getting filtered by an ubuntu install, all fields.

iToddler BTFO

Attached: laughing_devil.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

Attached: 1621398307196.webm (1920x1080, 1.61M)

i dont think installing an unsupported OS on unsupported undocumented proprietary platform would be the best thing to do
especially if you dont make a backup before doing something unfamiliar

this

>>decided to ditch macOS blah blah
>close tab

>Linux wiped it all.
No, you wiped your data. The installer said, in LARGE LETTERS on your screen that all your data was going to be wiped. You clicked OK.

Windows and MacOS don't put LARGE LETTERS on your screen saying that all your data will be wiped.
Linux does.

Just imagine not being able to install ubuntu. I installed ubuntu for the first time almost 20 years ago when I was 8 and didn't have any issues. Obvious bait thread but you should feel bad about yourself, OP. Also, macOS and Windows both wipe your data when you install them since they format the drive unless you partition it or already have an older OS by the same company or older version of the OS you're installing (e.g upgrading to Win11 from Win10). You should anhero, OP.

Doing a fresh install of Windows wipes your data even if Windows was on there before, unless you specifically choose the "upgrade" option.
Doing a fresh install of MacOS on a hard drive that previously had a different OS WILL delete all your data, since it has to reformat to JHFS+ / APFS. It will only leave your data alone if you're switching from MacOS to a different version of MacOS, and doing it via an app store image. Even upgrading from El Capitan to a later version requires a USB installer and a full reformat.
Ubuntu uses the ext4 filesystem, so any drive or partition you install Ubuntu on needs to be formatted to ext4, which erases the whole thing. What did you think was gonna happen, you were gonna install linux and it was just gonna boot up with all your personal shit on the desktop neatly tucked away in folders?
What happened here is you jumped into something without doing your homework, did it wrong, and got owned. Your fault. Dummy.

how can you know that if you never installed windows or macos in your life?

>installs an OS that uses a different filesystem than what he was using - on top of his working system
>complains that his data got wiped
Do itoddlers really?
Also how the fuck did you manage to screw up an Ubuntu install?

Attached: 1644452588440.gif (502x400, 2.49M)

>didn't read the clear as day info in the partitioning step
You shouldn't be close to any computer, at all.

Linux doesn't work with apple hardware. How many fucking post does it take for you retards to figure that out. I see this same post every two weeks. Its always some Apple fan boy trying Linux. How about you check for compatible hardware before trying to install shit.

askubuntu.com/questions/1357955/black-screen-after-installing-ubuntu-20-04-on-2010-imac-21-5

This is the solution to the issue, but actually doing it is difficult. I think you might need to alter it on a disk or some stupid shit like that. But yeah it is basically adding nomodeset and radeonmodeset=0 in the grub config file.

I’m too much of a brainlet to figure out how to alter the appimage files without making it unflashable. I’ll probably try to get someone else to do it.

It does, OP is just a retard.

MacOS isn't some magical exotic ultraproprietary platform, at least not Intel Macs. Apple puts a special form factor motherboard in a special case and they call it a new product. Same thing Dell or HP do. Every single device on a (pre-M1) Apple motherboard that requires a driver is just generic Realtek/Intel/Broadcom shit, just like on any other PC. The only thing special about Apple shit vs any other prebuilt OEM, is that the bootloader is contained in firmware as opposed to on the hard drive, which is why you need Clover or Opencore to run MacOS on non-Apple systems

I should add, this is just a display issue that is only on certain mac products. It is on there when you install and you can even open the grub file after you choose the external hard drive and change the relevant setting. After that, you can set everything up, but whenever you reset, the settings go back to normal. I must be a fucking retard that I can get this close to solving it, but it just won’t happen.

I have a secret to tell you, OP. Your data was fucked before ubuntu even started to install.

Do you know of any appimages for distros that come with the right display settings I mentioned here: ? Doesn’t need to be ubuntu.

>itoddlers
>knowing what a partition is
>when they think mac and pc are different things

Attached: 1642380963542.gif (512x384, 2.49M)

Ditto.
Apple's progressive retardation quest on the users is even fucking up the concept of directories (folders) in the normies' heads.
And before any iToddler comes to cry about "but muh tagging/gallery is superior" bullshit, if you jailbreak an iPhone you can access a pretty normal looking filesystem full of directories, so shut up.
Hiding the underlying elements of the system to the end user only makes things harder to work on. Especially for power users.