What are the things you can only do on a pc but not on a phone?

What are the things you can only do on a pc but not on a phone?

Attached: CO58_Title-and-3-Column-Mobile-624x416.jpg (624x416, 69.82K)

run complicated simulations

Run Windows specific apps

run on a dedicated server
run in a vm

Microsoft Excel apparently

>run on a dedicated server
Not a phone.
>run in a vm
>running a VM in a phone
LMAO good luck.

Meant to

Program my Dilduino

so use someone else's computer

Can you connect multiple 4k displays to a phone?

False. There are IDEs and upload tools for android.

meh, there is an entire class of things that android "can" do like edit an excel or a picture, but realistically no one, except maybe zoomers are going to ever try
Because then you need to find a keyboard, and then you need a mouse, and then you want a bigger screen, and then you just want an OS that it's easy to multitask, and suddenly you have a pc lol
In this sense, for almost everything more complex than writing a social media post / taking a picture you want a pc

I'm actually thinking of proposing that we implement DeX at my job. Right now everyone gets a chromebook and a shitty cheap android and I think a phone would actually be a better computer than the shit we get

Analyse our simulation data. Big sims can spit out terabytes of data (the limiting factor is storage space) and require a lot of memory to convert that bunch of massive matrices into forms that are usable for statistics. We've got a server with 4TB RAM for the really large stuff, but it's nice to be able to work with stuff on a non-shared hardware resource (vital for debugging).
A phone would take a long time just to download all that. If it had the storage capacity, which it doesn't.

I always thought this was the end game for phones. Some time in the future, if Moore's Law continues, phones will be so powerful that there really wouldn't be a need for desktop class PCs.

>Because then you need to find a keyboard, and then you need a mouse, and then you want a bigger screen, and then you just want an OS that it's easy to multitask, and suddenly you have a pc lol
Android works well with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Use a tablet and you're almost at a small laptop.

reliably and comfortably interact with something

CAD

Professional video editing. Find me an app that does something beyond cutting up clips and adding shitty filters to it and you'll get a pass.
>ultra hard mode: no ads

Attached: 1644889545174.jpg (806x453, 15.3K)

being productive

Install gentoo

>vegas pro 17 chad
nice. I am an animator and this is my favorite version of vegas- Have been using since version 7 . Along the lines of professional video editing, phones are pretty terrible for creating animations. Having a robust file-system is important for sorting through frames, renaming them all, resorting in order to re-time things. Because sometimes, software like blender depends on the file-naming of the frames in order to parse the sequence

But to give you a proper editing/timeline experience, I recommend the software Cute Cut (on iOS, unsure if on android) Despite the name, it is a very powerful software with layered timeline, compositing tools, blending modes, text and overlay key animation, as well as full control over scaling and cropping overlays and timeline layers

I seriously don’t understand this. If you already have a monitor, a mouse and a keyboard why wouldn’t you have a tower?

Yeah, average normie in the last decade wanted a social media machine with light document editing and got a MacBook, cheap windows machine or maybe a Chromebook
Phones already do enough that zoomers probably get most of what they need on a mid-tier android.

Still don't think laptops are going anywhere for a few years, too much of a gap between phone capabilities and reliable cloud computing for now.
Getting closer and closer to OS as a service though if we've not already crossed the point of no return it'll be soon

anything of value