It's bad because... it just is, okay?

>it's bad because... it just is, okay?

Attached: 1616399883447.png (900x563, 24.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nosystemd.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

不名誉なプログラムシステムディー CVE-2012-1174 Delete Any Files コンピューターが破壊された CVE-2015-7510, CVE-2018-15688 Arbitrary State Insertion 状態注入 CVE-2017-9217 Buffer Overflow バッファオーバーフロー CVE-2017-9445 systemd-resolvd Remote Code Execution プログラムをリモートで実行する CVE-2017-15908 Denial of Service サービス拒否 CVE-2017-1000082 0-Day (ゼロデイ) Root Exploit コンピュータを好きなように実行させます CVE-2018-15686 Root Privilege Elevation (10.0 Critical Exploit!!) ルートアカウントの不適切なアクセス CVE-2020-13776 Root Privilege Elevation Again 特権の昇格 CVE-2019-6454 Kernel Panic カーネルパニック CVE-2020-1712 Arbitrary Code Execution 任意のコードの実行 CVE-2021-33910 Stack Exhaustion スタックのスペースが不足しました

Attached: 1627479486877.png (728x529, 342.82K)

making fun of people who use it
will only make more people use it
the more you talk about this forbidden thing
the sexier it becomes.

Attached: 5a88bb35d3f0ca8038bf7eb36065b826--inspiring-people-gorgeous-men.jpg (330x270, 22.24K)

correct

>A stop job is running for OP is a faggot (16y / no limit)

>replaces dozens of independent programs with a homologous lump of shit

Attached: 1616975708143.jpg (634x477, 226.85K)

4chand

litchurally no it seems the fire against systemD is rising exponentially the more talk about it and the cia responsible for it

here user we added a linux 2.6 size blob to your system that does and manages everything but breaks with bugs and abi changes constantly so you can fix it all the time, oh and we get cves every month but they get patched so it doesnt count didnt happen notabug

as a person using systemd in a semi-embedded environment, it's the most horrific piece of trash I've ever had the misfortune of configuring and using.
the interface is unstable, the scope of services is unmanageable, service files are trash with dozens of hidden gotchas, journald is probably the most inept tool ever built...
I could go on but whatever. systemd is garbage and pottering should be a laughing stock but isn't for some unknown reason.
and before you ask, the "reliability engineer" wanted a reliability metric for our watchdog and "supervisord wasn't vetted by the navy" so I told him to fuck off we'll use pid 1 which is systemd on rhel based OSs

俺はおちんちんが大好きなんだよ

>picrel

Attached: ppy.png (1020x803, 549.02K)

SystemD is turning Linux into Windows haha

>semi-embedded
maybe that's your problem, i've had to manage centos boxes before and systemd never gave me trouble

thanks, but im sticking to openrc

None of it is bloat though, it fills those roles and does it well.
It's only bloat if you additionally install an alternative.

of course it's my fucking problem, but the right tool for the job was barred from me by a fucking diversity hire dot headed faggot that requires reliability metrics on every line of fucking code that comes from the OS. so now I'm suffering through systemd bullshit for 2 more months until I have the time to override his useless ass and rip it out and replace it with supervisord as my watchdog process manager.
I don't genuinely hate it, it does boot pretty well. but time, network, and parameterized startup all suck ass

I never said a word about bloat, you moron.

No, but I know how you people think. If it's not bloat in what way is it shitty? It has the best documentation and best support, and according to you has no bloat.

It's replaced dozens of separate programs and spits in the face of the Unix philosophy (both in the do one thing sense and the do it well sense)

Attached: 1624159926675.gif (480x320, 3.49M)

Ok, and what about the end product is bad other than your injured ego.
In what way does it not do things well? Do you have examples? Better, do you have examples of multiple components?

nosystemd.org/

If you can look into using s6+66 service manager. It does all the supposed benefits of systemd without being shit. It doesn't attempt to hide anything from you like systemd does. It doesn't break long standing ways of doing things like refusing to let you edit a config file.

Look at the obarun distro. They're doing good things with s6. s6 or something like it is what should have been developed to replace simple init systems instead of systemd.

>all but three of those github issues are closed
Yeah, fuck off.

no u

>it's bad because...
PID=1 is 22MB
Overly complex
Action at a distance makes it hard to debug
Automatic mounting of partitions is a security risk
Developers unworthy of trust

Don't you love that no matter where you go there is always at least one retard lurking and defending systemd like it's his own baby? Why does a "FOSS" project have so many shills? Why is it impossible to ever have a discussion about it without them showing up to defend it?

I've noticed this with a lot of things coming out of Red Hat and that side of the FOSS ecosystem. GNOME has a similar PR team. So does anything coming from glow niggers like their kernel patches. You are not allowed to criticize any of those projects anywhere. People have been banned and entire forums have been deleted because such discussions are not allowed. Anyone that would dare criticize them must be trolled, or idiots, or crazy people.

I do not remember mailing lists and BBSs being like this in the mid-late 90s. Even if there were disagreements it was possible to have a civil discussion. People that disagreed with each other would still work together for the greater good. Now I see well meaning people get chased off the internet because they dared to host a public repo or write certain software. Some places are so bad you can't even use certain words in your source code. wtf happened?