How do I keep my student license for InteliJ?

Can I keep my license active as long my edu mail is active? I might take a year/two year long break before I continue my education and am not sure if my UNI mail will be active during that time

Attached: intellij-idea_1280x800.png (1280x800, 543.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jetbrains.com/products/compare/?product=idea&product=idea-ce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what does your student license have that the free community edition hasn't?

just lie

For what it's worth, I think if you use JetBrains Academy and complete a minimum amount of work every month, you get a 30-day license for their all product pack.

Yes you can keep it active, but it will likely be illegal anyway. So you could just pirate it. Would not make any difference.

Your existing license is forever.
You just won't get any updates.

When I was told my email was being deactivated after graduation I registered an account with the email and could use the student license for a year after that

this but really want to know

Buy it? It isnt that expensive if you use it often.

>he doesn't know about ide-eval
Sir, I...

how to pirate, without downloading shady shit?

ide-eval doesn't work beyond 2021.3 iirc, those fuckers disabled the eval system and now it requires account log-in

>ide-eval doesn't work beyond 2021.3 iirc, those fuckers disabled the eval system and now it requires account log-in
Oh shit, that's bad news. I hope they find a way to crack it soon. Imagine renting software lmao

Eval is still there, just delete temp data of your profile and make a new one, all your settings should stay

Get used to not using it anymore, don't be that dependent on that crap, keep your environment free of nonfree lockins. All of my previous employers didn't let us use JetBrains stuff...

Student license gives you Ultimate. So:
jetbrains.com/products/compare/?product=idea&product=idea-ce

I use jetbrains for clojure in IntelliJ, go, and python.
I found that it did too much when I had to do webshit and C that I was just better off doing by hand.

>Can I keep my license active as long my edu mail is active?
Yes, I graduated 4 years ago and my university just forwards all my .edu emails to my personal address. I've been mooching off of free Intellij since 2013. This also works for Amazon Prime.

You know it's only $15 a month, right? And each anniversary, the price goes down until after 3 years it's only $9 a month? And after a year, it becomes a perpetual license (for the latest version available when you had a paid subscription).

>paying for 1s and 0s
Supreme plebbery, I honestly feel bad for your mother. She must hate herself for producing something this disappointing.

You know EAP exists for like 9 out of 12 months per year and is free

She has plenty of things to be disappointed in me for. But I don't think paying a very reasonable price for useful software is one of them.

I hope you're not the OP.
>spend money going to school learning how to write software
>doesn't want to pay for software but wants to inevitably be paid to make software
Enjoy your debt when other people feel the same way.