Is there any point in learning Visual C++ in 2022 when C# offers the same functionality...

Is there any point in learning Visual C++ in 2022 when C# offers the same functionality, except being multiple times easier and time conserving?

Attached: 8f5cdee528c0b2dd41381a200ed5b2f0dad981db0a0cb5ee5236cd67b653249b.png (462x434, 26.97K)

Visual C++ produces smaller binaries for Windows as opposed to MinGW.

Makes sense, but what about windows GUI apps? Does C++ generate a smaller exe file than C# ?

Is there any point in learning C# in 2022 when Electron offers the same functionality, except being multiple times easier and time conserving?

integration with existing C++ codebases without having to do weird unsafe shit in C#. I'm not even sure if C#'s FFI is compatible with the C++ ABI

If you haven't learned either then just learn C#.
You can get a good grasp on C# in a small fraction of the time it takes to get a good grasp on C++.
>don't need to know pointers
>don't need to keep track of memory
>no such thing as compile time templates
>no such thing as template metaprogramming
>don't need to know hard words like "lambda" or "constexpr"
>won't be the dumbest person in the room if you work around other people using C#
If you have midwit or less intelligence then C# can be very comfy.

Wait, you think Visual c++ is a GUI framework? Your posts make no sense. MSVC is a compiler it has nothing to do with UIs
The size of an empty hello world exe with a GUI will depend on the UI framework you're using.

C# doesn't offer the same functionalities as C++, what the fuck are you on about?
C# is a high level language that prioritizes developer speed and enterprise features like access to all kinds of databases, dealing with serialization to different formats, large libraries, easy package management, etc. and practically exists alongside .NET. The idea of pure C# outside .NET is unheard of. It's also made to work nicely with Azure and F#.

C++ is a low level language that does completely different things.

There’s no way to turn off the GC in C# AFAIK. That turns into the same problem as D where you can’t use huge swaths of the STL without triggering the GC and without the STL, what’s the point of the language?

Yes, you can dance around trying to suppress the GC but then the whole point of using C# was to avoid C++ kludges in the first place.

Attached: 3D02F837-FBDF-47A4-A6E3-11004C490640.jpg (350x350, 23.28K)

>C++ is a low level language
nigga C++ is higher level than C# because C++ has metaprogramming and C# does not

Yes, C# has much better tooling in almost every way over JS. It's also much faster. Why do you think so many Electron apps are slow, buggy, memory inefficient pieces of trash?
C# may be somewhat more verbose than JS, but refactoring/debugging is miles better in C#/.NET. Plus, that verbosity can be a good thing on bigger teams, makes it easier to tell what's going on at a glance.
It's the difference between using an actual programming language designed for building apps vs trying to shoehorn a shitty scripting language into the shape of a real programming language.

Oh, and C# comes with a much more complete standard library. Almost anything you'll need is in there, instead of needing to pull in random supply chain attack vectors from retards' personal githubs like you do with JS.

>long drawn out explanation of C#
>one vague sentence about C++
just admit that you don't actually know anything about the language

>Visual C++
I don't know anything about "visual" C++, but regular C++ offers functionality that C# doesn't. Namely, that you can use it in a freestanding environment (i.e. there's no I/O, memory allocation, etc... and you need to implement them yourself).

>random supply chain attack vectors
this is a big one, the ecosystem surrounding javascript is almost as terrible as the language itself

lisp

Bumping

learn rust
>learn rust
learn rust
>learn rust

Rust looked really neat at first but I can't stand the tranny culture around it. Why you gotta inject your clothing and makeup preferences in programming? Why?

you can do integration just fine
thats pretty much what .net framework is, just a wrapper for winapi
you can even call c# code from c/c++ by exposing it as a COM interface

I agree with the troon stuff, it is beyond obnoxious. However I've been using rust since 2015 ish and I only ever see tranny shit when it comes to conferences and stuff.

Rust does solve a lot of the shortcomings of C++, like the vast quantity of undefined behavior that you can trigger by writing simple programs. I'd say Rust is mostly superior to C++, but it's hard to say. There are lot of trade-offs between the features of the two languages. C++ is superior with:
>constexpr
>power of templates especially SFINAE (good and bad thing)
>standard library size (good and bad thing)
I could go on but I don't want to blogpost.