How are game cheats like wallhack or aimbot developed...

How are game cheats like wallhack or aimbot developed? Is it really possible to become based enough that you can understand and code in machine language well enough to implement a non-trivial feature?

Attached: windbggetstart01.png (1024x972, 117.07K)

you read the game's memory and write a program to cheat with that information

Ex cheat developer here, I'm going to keep it simple:

There are 2 types of cheats: internal and external.

Externals, the most simple ones, only AND ONLY modify the memory of the game. For example, in csgo, all the entities have the ability to glow, so in an external, you just simply turn on and set the color and alpha. Again, we are only manipulating the data. For aimbot, as you may guess, you just manipulate the view axis from memory.

Now for internals, It's complicated but you must know this concepts: Your os (win and linux) can run a library that can be included at runtime. Not only that, it can run code. With that in mind we can actually put in bussiness.
As the name says, an internal manipules the game itself, only the client side. The way to modifies the behaveur of the program it's just simple calling the functions. Like if it was a library.
For making it work, you need to "hook" the pointers (functions, structs, classess, etc...). Once you have all that you can manipulate the game as you wish.
With this you can manipulate directly to the directx pipe line, meaning that you can add any graphic you want.
Imagine internal cheats as a mod.

Internal and external cheats has his own benefits, for example, external cheats are EXTREAMLY simple to make, you just need to find the memory location of the target and done but you're limitated by the game.
In the other hand external cheats are REDICULOUSLY hard to make and makeing a full cheat from 0 can cost years of development, but you have FULL ACCESS to the CLIENT SIDE.

I hope I help you, remember I simplified a lot of things.

Forgot to add this thing:
- Internal and external cheats work for any system. (windows, linux, bsd)
- External cheats are compiled to an executable (.exe)
- External cheats are compiled to a dynamic linked lib (dll, I don't remember how it is in linux / bsd).
- You must have the SDK in order to get the symbols for the internal cheat.
- You can find any given class by its signature. (imagine the struct is "FD ? ? ? B2 C4", then you can map all the memory until finding it)
- In security-wise, Internal cheats tend to be more secure than external ones.
- For external cheats you can use any programming language, but you must have access to your OS syscalls (I saw cheats in js, py, and java)
- Internal cheats are coded in the target engine language (C/C++. In paper you can make cheats in rust but a lot of people failed to make them).

If you have more questions don't forget to ask! Hacking communities are the worst thing on this planet.

Not OP but cheats are the reason I wanted to learn programming. Fascinating stuff.

meany cheats are OSS. Go read them

Thanks user

How often does an intentional internal breach of important assets for internal cheats by an employee happen in the industry? Do you think cheaters are largely low confidence or high confidence people?

t. ayyware paster

>machine language
It's called assembler and it's not that hard but more like tedious. These days it's easy to find decompilers that will convert the assembler code into some form of C to make it more readable.

Any tutorials you can link?
Im interested in playing around with these kinds of stuff, but I have no idea where to start or what to do.

>It's called assembler and it's not that hard but more like tedious. These days it's easy to find decompilers that will convert the assembler code into some form of C to make it more readable.
It's called assembly

i did a small course some time ago using the classic winmine from xp in 3 levels of cheat, first level is (pic related) a simple hack menu, second level turned the game into a sudoku, and third level uses networking to make a mutiplayer tic-tac-toe with chat.
Bad thing is its only in spanish, so if youre able to read it ill post you the source here.

Attached: file.png (322x297, 49.99K)

Who the fuck plays with cheats online. Aren't games meant to be fun? Git gud.

here is it anyway: bitbucket dot org/pabloko/winmine-hacks

Attached: 87d5328d3b79c9f772080fb51ea5256f14c649b8.gif (1).webm (312x316, 48.05K)

Thats cool, why did you stop being a cheat developer?

you've never made an undetected cheat in your life. please stop man

cause he hasn't written a cheat of his own in his life

retard, its not that all ents can glow, it's just that they get pushed to the glow manager and then you can modify their glow object definition

>As the name says, an internal manipules the game itself, only the client side
technically true, practically there can be no difference depending on networking system

>For making it work, you need to "hook" the pointers (functions, structs, classess, etc...). Once you have all that you can manipulate the game as you wish.
hook the struct? what? you only "hook" functions by various methods (eg. vft swap, vf swap, veh exception modifying, detouring, etc). nonetheless you don't HAVE to ever hook if you can properly sync threads. eg with hardware breakpoints even although it requires patching in a debugbreak so you could technically relate that to a midhook, but it's not the only way, not even the only way for breakpoints approach

>You can find any given class by its signature. (imagine the struct is "FD ? ? ? B2 C4", then you can map all the memory until finding it)
you mean memory objects? you're just looking for operations which pass a data pointer's address around (position of the pointer with an endianness swap in memory given ur on x86 which gets interpreted into the actual address)

>- In security-wise, Internal cheats tend to be more secure than external ones.
literally never, ah yes goyim allocating memory into the process is safe! (oh just ignore steams dynamic module loader).

>- Internal cheats are coded in the target engine language (C/C++. In paper you can make cheats in rust but a lot of people failed to make them).
tell me you don't know what ABI is without telling me you don't know what ABI is (t. wrote cheats in rust)

Back to UC pajeet (t. former motm)

ur that one romanian clueless kid arent u LOL. back to UC pajeet

what a pathetic post
you're just trying to one up this guy over trivial shit to appear smart

no, we have an assembler (called assembly? which helps us have a runtime alongside system internals, by handling the runtime because you can't predict it. please open a debugger and look at disassembly view user