Stop recommending distros, recommend DEs instead

Stop recommending distros, recommend DEs instead.

Attached: 1640689110448.jpg (640x480, 85.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maboxlinux.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I recommend not using a DE

CDE.

I recommend emacs

GNOME/Wayland or Sway WM because fuck X11 in 2022. labwc WM looks to be coming along well, too.

There are no good DEs anymore.
KDE was good until KDE Plasma fucking slam-dunked the entire thing straight into the trash.
GNOME was good until GNOME 3 irreversibly fucked the entire thing.
MATE tries to continue the spirit of GNOME 2, but lacks features that modern desktops have
LXDE and XFCE have always been just shitty versions of GNOME 2.

I would unironically prefer to use Windows 11 over any presently available Linux DE.

DEs/WMs

what features does MATE lack?

What's wrong with Plasma?

Easily snapping windows to specific layout templates. In Windows 11, it's done by mousing-over the maximize button.
It's one of those things that sounds minor until you try it, then you can't live without it.

DEez nuts hahnauhauhuhauehuaeha gottem XDXDXDXDXD im so fuickling original

Attached: 3c45eb01d34df13f562d361b3298e161.jpg (499x499, 58.12K)

baste, will check out labwc too.

>KDE was good until KDE Plasma fucking slam-dunked the entire thing straight into the trash
Continuously rewriting and fixing software isn't a bad thing if it doesn't interfere with the user experience, with Plasma doesn't do.
>GNOME was good until GNOME 3 irreversibly fucked the entire thing.
GNOME was always good.
>MATE tries to continue the spirit of GNOME 2, but lacks features that modern desktops have.
Boomers aren't good at making new and stable features, what a shock.
>LXDE and XFCE have always been just shitty versions of GNOME 2
Ditto

drink up pepsi pup

>GNOME was always good.
Don't lie. I use GNOME and 3-3.8 were dark days. Then there was the memory leak that last two or three releases.

Install Mabox maboxlinux.org/

The only correct answers are xfce if you're a normie, KDE if you suck dicks, or i3 if you're autistic.

Attached: 1626807777767.jpg (828x714, 302.86K)

Sowm isn't a DE but is a damn good WM to use standalone

Attached: FKpE9xvVIAIP7EB.jpg (828x577, 112.48K)

This is the only frog I will accept

>Manjaro based
really?

made by the man himself

i3 is fine for non-autistic people as well, it's just that most people are used to the desktop metaphor.

Cinnamon and Budgie are the comfiest "modern" GTK DEs. MATE is great too. LXQt with a little bit of customization is next up. Trinity is a bit buggy, but it's basically KDE3 and worth trying out. Nothing else is usable IMHO. Plasma is a complete clusterfuck, and current GNOME was built to be used on wall-mounted tablets in toilet stalls. Xfce has gone to complete shit too.