Are you ready to upgrade you're graphics card

are you ready to upgrade you're graphics card

Attached: gamers won.png (662x608, 583.8K)

They've been teasing this proof-of-stake shit for years. It's never coming out, is it? GPU prices will remain stupid forever.

>buying used goods
>miners are still going to sell them above MSRP

>I'm ready to settle down now

No thanks, I'm not paying for burned out cards.

>the merge is just around the corner!
They said so in 2019. And then in 2020. And then in 2021.
Here we are in 2022, and they say it again.
Meanwhile no real groundwork has been done.

>the merge is coming
sonichu merge was coming too, look how well that panned out

Not all of them will be able to sell above msrp, it's basic economics.
Supply and demand.

So what? They will move to ravencoin.

Modern games aren't worth it.

That will be impossible by the following issues:
>scalpers will stock the GPUs out until most regions make them illegal
>"proof-of-stake" has been dragged on for years, being more of a vaporware by now
>the delusion that they call as "metaverse" or the surge of games with NFTs will draw in people with multiple accounts to farm NFTs ingame with their bots

The only way for this to end is for the entire crypto market to eventually suffer a crash.

>you're graphics card
No I'm not

I'm going to buy a 3070 with my tax return

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they undervolt all the cards so they don't run as hot and use less energy? They'll still be more used than a regular card but they theoretically should still be healthy cards.

>Proof of Stake is almost here you guys!
TWO MORE WEEKS
TRUST THE PLAN

ETH 2.0 has been "coming" for years now, the market is too lucrative, it's never going to happen

>Meanwhile no real groundwork has been done.
not true lol

>the end is near!
>anytime now!
>you just wait and see!
>it's about to happen!
>brace for impact!
>cooming soon!

This is good for bitcoin.

boy im sure going to pay top dollar for a GPU running at 100% non stop for years.
maybe all the GPU sellers will hold their stock and wait for the GPU technology to get slower which will make those old ass cards of theirs become faster too.
or maybe crypto is a scam and all those GPUs were actually bought out by big company cloud faggots and mining was just a meme

nice edit, FAG!

Attached: chrome_BTYYupvnjk.png (1880x355, 259.83K)

what am i lookin at

Do you seriously think this doesn't just mean that miners move their rigs on to another coin that can still be mined?
Do you seriously think they will just flush all that investment down the toilet and scrap their rigs for parts?
This is the new normal. Get used to it.
No GPU for you.

proof of work is still rather profitable, so validators will refuse to switch until it no longer does

Just did last month
I don't even care anymore I just want to play video games

Man u gotta trust my nigger Chris Chan currently stuck in jail
Shout out to my homie

Is this the new "Bloodborne to PC"?

None of the current shitcoins can handle the amount of miners currently on Ethereum. Profits go way down once you're competing with everybody.

everything runs on 1060

>market flooded with aftermarket GPU
>in any position to ask for a higher price

everything runs on 980ti

Ethereum was made by a Warlock player in WoW upset Blizzard nerfed his class. He is not motivated to create anything but a giant scam

>crypto mining tanks
>demand for GPU's skyrocket not that they're 'cheaper'
>prices become worse than what they were

calling it now

Attached: a047c8b.jpg (400x524, 29.83K)

>Do you seriously think this doesn't just mean that miners move their rigs on to another coin that can still be mined?
Yes.
Name one coin that's minable and has a future.
There isn't a single one.
Mining shitcoins doesn't mean shit if no one buys it or the coin has no utility at all (and generally if a coin is useful people will buy it)
And with regulations coming which will 100% require very minimal energy requirement, absolutely not a single crypto running on extremely inefficient proof of work will survive, the only exception being Bitcoin because it got too big and 3rd parties are working on it to make to make it more energy efficient.
But bitcoin mining at this point isn't made on GPUs, so it doesn't matter.
>muuh doomposting
Cope with the shitty scalped card you got lmao

Attached: 1614613309885.png (1638x553, 48.91K)

Qrd?
How are you supposed to mine without gpu?

Not that unlikely because when the crytominers leave, scalpers enter (not that scalping isn't a thing already). That'll keep the prices high for at least another 6 months. I hope those buying from scalpers get sodomised on the prices, for they are scum (you may blame scalpers but they are only enabled by those who buy scalped goods).

>will draw in people with multiple accounts to farm NFTs ingame with their bots
surely fucking not
at least you can actually use your ingame hats even if they don't have any other value ingame what's the fucking point with nfts?

Once the supply stabilize from the shortages going back to normal and mineggers stop existing entirely, and Intel entering the GPU market with low prices and a shitton of new cards, the scalpers won't be able to just buy it all up and after a while I doubt they'll be a thing anymore.

Attached: 1639852954859.jpg (1071x1117, 154.88K)

>when the crytominers leave, scalpers enter
are you retarded? do you even remember 2018

*you are
wut

He merged with his mother

I just hope they actually normalize at some point. I got a 2060 but will have to upgrade sooner or later.

Validators have to stake some amount of their money before being chosen to vote on what the new head of the blockchain is. If consensus is reached the validators get their money back plus some compensation, but if someone is found to be acting maliciously they lose a portion of their stake. Validators with a higher stake stand to lose more which incentivises them to vote honestly, so people with more money also have more votes.

oh no minersisters, we will have to change a txt file so it mines ravencoin instead of eth. How we will ever recover?

and the scalpers?

>200 people currently mining ravencoin
>suddenly 10 million people
>profit goes to 5 cents a day

>Name one coin that's minable and has a future.
Whatever that will replace eth in the bussiness of money creation through gpus. It doesnt have to do anything else other than money you fucking retard. Most of crypto is and will always be the greatest fool theory. And its fine. Any random coin will takeover once ETH is done. Doesnt need to be special or well liked at the moment, the funcionanility of said coin will only be making money.

old cards like the RTX 1080 ti are being sold at ridiculous prices

I will wait for the 2024 oversupply of ICs
There is a massive overcorrection of the IC supply lines, with everyone and their grandma rushing to make chip plants, but it will take 2 years to all those factories to pop up, but when they do, they will make too many chips and the prices will plummet.

>many chips and the prices will plummet.
I hope so, the RAM price fixing was disgusting, so much for globalization that you have to make things at home because the supplier are being ass.

>price skyrockets
>the difficulty adjustes
The market fixes itself. It wouldnt even take a single month to get eth profits on ravencoin.

it's been 3 years already. stop or you'll end up like this
they're just playing with your feelings at this point

>stake money
I wonder how this will work out haha

>merge is coming
>two months later and still no merge

What a scam.

that's great! really swell! super!
meanwhile, i got a 6700 XT a couple of months ago and have since realized that i would've had more fun downloading movies and playing 8 to 32-bit era games instead. very likely to sell this crap off unless i decide to get into VR or something.

>I don't understand crypto at all
>so it's just a ponzy scheme I swear!!
Lmao ok retard

Cope

>miners would expend electricity at a loss for a solid month instead of dumping their cards

i already did
t. 6900 XT

i was tired of coping user, that's why i bought my gpu last year and recouped almost everything at this point by mining while i sleep. At first i had buyer's remorse because prices went slighty down but then they skyrocketed again. now i don't care and wont upgrade until affordable 4k oled 165hz is a thing

That's one way to do it anyway so nice work user
Gonna be a while until 4K tvs get over 120hz however. They just started working on 144hz ones

How did Crypto go from being the most loved thing on the internet to the most hated

I need an RTX card to speed up rendering times.

Attached: 1643381422468.png (597x626, 311.05K)

comprehensive fed psyop to get people to hate financial freedom and an escape from government controlled fiat currency

I am, but only when next gen comes around. Current cards are kind of meh anyway.

you are correct. unfortunately the average gaymers mind is so filled with bing bong wahoo that they still dont get this.

infested by speculators
all forms of purely speculative investment should be illegal, they're economically nonproductive