What does Any Forums think of lua?

What does Any Forums think of lua?

Attached: 1644863869974~2.png (1080x776, 216.17K)

excluding microlisps and forth it's about the smallest useful language

Attached: sir tim.png (655x607, 524.32K)

First language I learnt, I was like 12
Great to teach kids, even better than matlab

who?

lua is great. one thing that bothers me is that it starts indexing it's arrays from 1 instead of 0.

Learned it with 13 for writing psp games as my computer os (win98) was apparently too old to use the C toolchain.
It's an okay scripting language but you really feel the slowness of lua if you're working with low-spec hardware like a PSP. In retrospect it amazes me how much the devs were able to get out of the machine. FFVII CC was lit.

I like it alot. I'm using Lua to configure Neovim rn and it's way better than fucking vimscript lol

This kills it for me ngl.

another script kiddie garbage like python

It's nice for making Garry's Mod addons and Clausewitz Engine mods

i use it to make scripts for csgo hacks
its a pretty based language

Attached: 1644420230986.gif (378x640, 2.25M)

Attached: images.jpg (190x265, 8.57K)

you get used to it
t. worked with fucking filemaker

love everything but the table indexing

1 indexing is weird and I don't get what advantage meta tables offer but it's a cool language and VM nonetheless.

as a packager I'm tired of every packages and their dog trying to bundle it and being stuck on lua5.1 instead of using the system's latest lua5.4

metatables seem like a meme

garry mode

roblox

Based as fuck. Light, fast, great syntax, can be placed on top of any other language for scripting.
I learned it to write for computers in Minecraft. OpenComputers (and ComputerCraft) let me bypass so many server protections.

unrelated but I like fireships videos, theyre comfy

I like there's a lot of games supporting it.
Is the script interpreter open source?

Indexing from 1 really isn't that bad.

SOULLESS
this language has literally nothing going for it