Why don't sysadmins and network people learn to code and get a real job?

Why don't sysadmins and network people learn to code and get a real job?

Attached: IMG_20220214_231520.jpg (1080x1643, 457.93K)

>Caring what some tryhard faggot at UCLA thinks.

Because janitors cant be engineers.

>getting this insecure over some typical youngster's pompous rambling
Seriously though, this guy is probably shit at his work if this ego and confidence are THIS fragile.
I hear similar shit behind my back all the fucking time from our younglings here and there and yet none of them were able to take on someone who's not painfully weak at his job. Sure in time they will take our places but by that time they will have none of that bullshit in their heads.

Lol, everyone knows being a programmer is nigger-tier compared to being a certified Network Engineer.

Yes, pay up every year to Cisco and be a (((certified))) network engineer.

>be dead in programmer years
>young guy goes on vacation and something he typically works with breaks
>I fix it and re-deploy after getting the project and going through it
>he shows up and I tell him to get the changes for
>he's pretty short on discussion about it. Whatever.
>found out later that he was incredulous that - I - fixed his code
>I don't do office politics so I walked directly over to his desk after confirming it to inform him directly that there is nothing he's doing that cannot be figured out and changed or updated
I sometimes think I need to be more stern to these kids but damn it I just don't care.
No, I never get invited to after work things or parties.

>bachelors in CS
Server janny is gonna have the last laugh when his cousin loses every interview to a pajeet and ends up working at an Amazon fulfillment center.

>An application doesn't run properly Vs security of entire networks

Which one is more important I wonder

>Why don't sysadmins and network people learn to code and get a real job?
Because coders will be the peasants of the 21th century. In any very high paying job in IT, you rarely write a line of code and are more concerned with designing software or project management.

>I mainly do cybersecurity = I oversee botched Barracuda deployments then pretend it wasn't my fault

your whole organization can be fucked by just one application vs the default settings on any linux server are usually more secure than 90% of the networks out there

> office365
> certs
> doing this for seven years
Hate to say it, but his brother might be onto something, because OP is either retarded or likes to take things slow in general.

Attached: 1024.jpg (275x300, 24.78K)

Ive never seen currency of the upper tier Cisco certs matter for hiring. Though I wish sometimes it did matter because the last old guy we got with 20 years of experience and old certs was a fucking moron.

fpbp

Why are you working with children? Shouldn't you be in management or something?

Both of them are retarded. BS in compsci is useless but bulk of computer janitor jobs (network admin sysadmin etc) are going to get deleted or transitioned to devops. If you're not learning PowerShell/bash and IaC you'll be left behind

You know you lost when you fall back on “muh people skills”

I want to move to a cozy sys admin role because it means not having to do much thinking, and if something doesn't work then it's the tools that are limited not me
plus they make more money, are more visible throughout the office with there PEOPLE SKILLS, so they get promotions and raises more
not unlike those ghouls who code away in a dark room who greet each other with "hello world" puns

last time I fixed code, the person adamantly denied the program was broken and that their "fix" of manually e-mailing 100,000 people the data every time the program was run was intentional (even though there was broken code failing to grab a the listing because a simple extension was incorrect)

>i have PEOPLE SKILLS
>CAN'T YOU SEE THAT
>WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

Attached: 1616628524987.png (480x360, 181.38K)

should have just told him someone has to get paid to put the shit code he'll write into production and called it a day
also this

>getting a BS in compsci
Lets just say it as what is it, he's gonna be another software engineer isn't he