UX

>work in a startup
>get told to make a backend for a tool that imports data from .csv files into our shitty web app
>together with your frontend bro desing a cool system where user is in control of everything and whenever there is a mismatch between the csv and our database schema he gets to make a decision on what the final data should be and can apply this decision to all the following mismatches of the same kind
>we are both super proud of our creation, its potential is unlimited
>the UX woman is done with her previous task and wants us to show her our tool
>she completely demolishes the coolest parts of our tool because it's too hard to use for our 80 IQ users (all it does is show a simulation of how the final data will look along with a prompt with 3 options to choose from, 1 checkbox and 1 optional text input)
>she wants everything to be done automatically
>you can already see all the retarded cases that you will have to handle manually on the db in future because the imported data would be different than what the 80 IQ had in his 80 IQ mind
>try to explain it to her but she doesn't care and keeps pushing her retarded vision
>you have to throw the coolest thing you've made in months into trash only to replace it with this garbage

who the fuck are the people who get hired as UX? does being a shortsighted retard actually work in their favor because it makes it easier for them to understand the customer who is also a shortsighted retard? i fucking hate this job, i hate being told what to do by people who are work as a dumb obstacle, making the product unmaintainable garbage and getting all the credit for MY work

Attached: ux.jpg (500x154, 31.27K)

and youre an autist for doing more work than necessary

You gotta stop caring about your products. I don't mean this as not caring about the quality or maintainability of your code, but about the end result of how it'll be used.

Just prep quick scripts or functions to handle the retarded manual work on the db, and just relax about it. Who cares if it fails or causes issues in the future? That just means you or another guy gets some work to do.

this. only care about your personal projects.

This is exactly why proprietary software is so bad.

Thank you

>she

And that's where the CEO of your statup failed and why its investors are going to lose a lot of money.

As for you? collect your paycheck and move on.

100% This

you are probably right, but I will still get super frustrated whenever I will have to deal with this garbage code in future

most UX's are some variation of a she

Dude, your workflow is fucked up. She supposed to make a vision and user testing BEFORE developing.

Coolest feature for you might not be the coolest feature for paying customers. Or it might be. Tests will decide.

It gets what it deserves.

Imagine if any other profession had this attitude:
>who cares if I do a shit job at fixing cars? more work for me later!
>who cares if I make shit furniture? they'll just have to buy more if it breaks!
Shit like this is why no one takes programmers seriously, but I guess it would kill you to have a tiny bit of craftsmanship.

That's the problem with programmers thought. They get attached to specific solutions. Which might not be easiest for customers or generate most money for a company

>tells you to do thing x without specifying explicitly what to do or not to do
>gets mad when it's not as she wanted it to be
Human trash.

That doesn't relate in any way to what I said.
Also OP's case is completely reasonable, I can guarantee UX lady is one of those “computers are magic boxes that do what I want without me having to say it” people.

> who the fuck are the people who get hired as UX? does being a shortsighted retard actually work in their favor because it makes it easier for them to understand the customer who is also a shortsighted retard? i fucking hate this job, i hate being told what to do by people who are work as a dumb obstacle, making the product unmaintainable garbage and getting all the credit for MY work
And this is the reason UX isn't done by autists like you. Your UX designer is a good UX designer because she thinks like your target audience. No one wants software that is catered to turbo-autists like you. What's next, do you want to present her with a command line interface? Next time communicate better with UX or get rekt you dumb shit

Meaningless positions made to satisfy diversity quotas. Just enough responsibility and authority for them to feel important but not enough to that they can fuck up anything too badly on their own. It’s a careful balance.

>Being so contrarian for the sake of being le edgy contrarian that you side with worthless roasties
Damn bro

>What's next, do you want to present her with a command line interface?
kek'd

>“computers are magic boxes that do what I want without me having to say it”
That's her job to say that. I don't know what the market for program in this thread, but they probably sell it to everyone. And it should be easy to use by anyone. That include tech illiterate people.

Any Forums, where you can't have a conversation without some fucking brainwashed american piece of shit babbling some retarded political bullshit

would you rather use your head for a moment (or if you really are this incapable ask someone tech literate for help) or end with a permanently fucked up data?

she chose option 2

i can understand making interfaces as simple as possible but limiting crucial functionalities because having only 2 buttons to cover a complicated process makes you wet is retarded