What the hell do i do now?

What the hell do i do now?

Attached: CrystalDiskInfo_20220214132956.png (674x692, 58.31K)

replace it retard

be cautious

Backup all your files. That's a good idea in general, always backup important files. But in fact that drive may keep working for years without issue

should i just wipe out the drive to see if it'll fix it?

lol

Its literally a single pending sector, nothing to worry about

Maybe you can try doing a bad block scan with scandisk or use it as an excuse to upgrade to an SSD

It's a 500GB HDD, just throw it out

It's from like 2010/11, it was garbage when it was released, it's basically worthless now

When you can buy 18TB for ~$350 and 20TB for ~$400
Why would you give a shit about a crappy 500GB HDD?

nothing to worry about

>When you can buy 18TB for ~$350 and 20TB for ~$400
Considering the reliability of drives why would anyone buy a drive over 10tb. Once you reach that point you do a pack up and store cause you'll never be accessing all that data normally anyways

just buy another hdd

Attached: it just werkz.png (661x579, 56.55K)

What's the problem with reliability?

Are you buying hundreds of drives?

Unless you're running a petabyte server or similar, odds are if you only buy a handful of 18-20TB drives they'll be fine for the next 5+ years without issue.

The only real "problem" with larger drives is if you're using them in a RAID array and are worried about a failure during a rebuild.

But we're talking about home data storage here, a single 20TB drives is probably enough to last the average Any Forums-tard at least 5 years if not longer.

Attached: 1643635608215.png (768x721, 241.03K)

I feel like 20tb is too much for anyone. I use my pc alit and only have a 4tb HDD. Though honestly I have to start removing things after a few months but that's because I have too much junk. I'm not a horder.
I think most people just have too much junk. Unless your providing seeds for torrenting or running a server I see no reason for large drives. 10tb should be more than enough for 95% of pc users

I have just under 40TB at the moment and I grow by about 5TB/year currently.

Just downloading all the movies and TV that I watch throughout the year.

>Just downloading all the movies and TV that I watch throughout the year.
But are you going to watch all of that shit again? Why are you hording it?

Some of it I do re-watch, some of it I will want to re-watch years from now, some of it I probably wont re-watch, but since I have the storage space I'll keep it until I deem that I really have zero interest in it.

I have probably deleted ~2-3TB of stuff over the last 5 years.

It's just 1 pending sector. It might be still ok or the driver will mark it as an uncorrectable sector. A couple of sectors here and there is not a big deal but have proper backups just in case the drive dies. Some drives can work for years with a few bad sectors, some fail. You never know.

They're not gonna disappear off the internet. But atleast you'll be here to repopulate it if it ever gets nuked

Go to your local dumpster and find a different hard drive
It blows my mind everyday that people run lower end hardware than what I find laying on the side of the road, not even in a big city

Yeah, which is why almost none of it is backed up (a few legit rare things ARE backed up, but less than 500GB). I can just redownload 99% of it easily enough.

I have had periods without internet before and being stuck with no internet and shitty cell service for 2 weeks+ is not something I want to go through again, at least now I have a media library I can work through without any internet service.

>I have had periods without internet before and being stuck with no internet and shitty cell service for 2 weeks+ is not something I want to go through again, at least now I have a media library I can work through without any internet service.
That's a fair enough reason

First, make a disk image then try to do remap with Victoria and after that periodically do a full surface scan to make sure that the HDD is not failing further. Also, I suggest replacing it with Samsung EVO SSD and then using this HDD only for not important data.
You will notice a significant improvement in PC performance if you will replace it with SSD.

Attached: Victoria Song.jpg (300x375, 18.57K)