Discuss technology they have

how advanced is their engineering team?
I heard working at Meta is highest honor for most software engineer (career wise)

Attached: meta-logo.jpg (980x980, 37.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engineering.fb.com/2020/05/08/web/facebook-redesign/
youtube.com/watch?v=LP0B3e49U3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> how advanced is their engineering team?
grossly over exaggerated in their ability to call themselves engineers. they are code monkeys. also, it's not 2008 anymore. facebook hires more pajeets than white men, because white people just aren't interested in being paid nigger wages from a billionaire jew.

>honor to work at facebook second life vr thing
where has this world come to

and where exactly did you hear that? from the voices in your head?

They have fuck all, really. Shouldn't even be counted as a "big tech" company, because unlike the others they can crumble overnight and everyone will just move on. It would take two weeks max for Facebook and Instagram to join all the Myspaces and Friendsters in the landfill of stuff faintly remembered as something people used in some ancient era / WhatsApp has alternatives eagerly waiting to welcome its users right away / Oculus is vastly overrated as some outstanding success among Zuckerbug's assets.

Well Metaverse is just secondlife in VR.
and the balls on zuck to name his company after what he sold to get rich
your metadata

from my alumni and people from Blind

Google isn't all that much ahead of Facebook in that territory. All of the advertising companies can die overnight.

they use react like fucking pajeets
facebook webpage sucks dick, is slow and bloated as hell

WhatsApp for windows is an Electron app.

ahahahahahaha it's just a shitty vrchat clone
a gimmick based on a gimmick
a billions dollar company rebranded and based their entire future on this shit
in the next ten years this company is going to be worthless

Attached: w54RwzO.png (390x470, 6.49K)

I mean at least Google provides some useful services that are normie friendly. Facebook is just a shitty messaging app (at least my peers use only messenger) that is outclassed by its competitors. Inertia is the only thing holding it alive imo

engineering.fb.com/2020/05/08/web/facebook-redesign/

>I heard working at Meta is highest honor for most software engineer (career wise)
partly true. compared to random other company? yes. compared to other big tech? no

you really think all the researchers, hard working software engineer work at Mata are dumb?
they developed industry standard frameworks and did active research in computer vision and NLP see if you interested in
why nobody talk about this?

I think hedging your future company direction on a permanently early access gimmick that the general population will NEVER EVER EVER give a fuck about in a serious fashion is a dumb fucking thing to do. VR is a waste of money.

That's the thing about Zuck's empire. It's a pile of shit on a golden plate.

>hurr I learned a new buzzword, used to be FAGMAN, now it's META I'll just keep saying META every day til the new buzzword arrives because it's COOL and NEW and BIG, I suck cocks

it is all on a 5-10 year timeline so they have nothing.

>facebook second life vr thing
that isn't what the metaverse is. if you think it is that then you have boomer cnn tier knowledge of it.

Google has Android and Youtube which are huge platforms

youtube.com/watch?v=LP0B3e49U3g
Here's your Metaverse, shill. Done a few years ago, only without billions poured into it and without NFTs. This is how miserable it looks when stripped of all the fake hype.

The engineers aren't dumb, investing 180 billion dollars in something that will only appeal to coomers, furries and maybe weebs is. More and more normies are realizing that they don't like targeted ads, and trackers. The "Well I have nothing to hide so why care" argument is becoming limited to actual window lickers and dinosaurs who will be dead in 20 years. Nobody thinks the engineers are stupid, but Zuck is delusional if he thinks people want to join him in the alternate reality where he is God.