Vivaldi as a Browser and main Email

What could go wrong. They love privacy. Anyone tried it yet?
I'm still using 2.5 and 5.1 is already out. Should I update? Is there anything useful?
youtube.com/watch?v=C3PEIoWSsKI

Attached: article-1280x720.33c4fb79.jpg (1280x720, 30.46K)

There are like 10 browser threads on the catalog
What the fuck is wrong with this shitty board lmao

I use it as it's the closest thing we have to a successor to the OG Opera browser, but objectively speaking it's a bloated re-skin of Chrome.

Not my problem you tards only talk about Brave, Chrome and Firefox. Underrated Browsers like vivaldi are never mentioned.

Not completey

Bloat

>Not completey
At least elaborate.

It's very unresponsive and laggy.
I wish Vivaldi was good, but it just isn't. I guess that's what you get when you write UI of a browser in React.

>but it just isn't
You're right. But every other browser is worse.

>Should I update?
Of course you should. It's not a Firefox, you know. They don't remove features.
>Is there anything useful?
In the recent update they finally added the scrollable tabs feature that I was waiting for so long.
They also added a reading list in this update, a really basic and manual one, not a service like Pocket, it's just another kind of bookmarks that are easier to mark as read and remove, you can add anything here, even Any Forums threads.
In earlier updates, they launched the custom themes catalog, the downloads can be shown in a pop-up like in Firefox, tab groups have an accordion mode like in old Opera. Mail, Calendar and Feed reader are out of beta, too. Also tons of usability issues that Vivaldi had compared to other browsers were solved, although many are still on the way.

Attached: desktop_reading-list.png (1920x1080, 586.95K)

It's good but I wish it used Firefox engine since I prefer it just feels better to me probably because I've used it for longer Chromium browser feel like the antichrist

>Scrollable tabs
Oh shit that's one of the features that makes me like Firefox so much

I use it, I like it. Since everything is just fucking Chrome clones there's nothing really more to say. The new best of the worst I guess.

>le chrome reskin #232547687

Yup. Before there were only Firefox and Yandex browser that handled tabs like this. I missed that feature on Vivaldi, had to group all the stuff for that mess to be managable, and now it's finally here.
Although it's not perfect. In scrolling mode there's like only 5 tabs can fit on my 4:3 screen due to their enormous width. Now I wait for the width size setting.

Any Forums - web browsers

use a css rule.

I'm pretty sure Mozilla for many years has taken steps to prevent separating Gecko from Firefox. It's why there are no small browsers using Gecko anymore and all the third party firefoxes like icecat look and feel just like Firefox.
About the only "modern" engine that can be separated from its browser is QTWebEngine, which is used by Falkon and Otter and a load of other browsers.

cool thread user but i think i'm sticking with firefox

Attached: sticking-with-firefox.webm (1024x1024, 2.76M)

Happy valentine, user.

Attached: 1640926671676.gif (400x300, 638.72K)

Another feature into the bloat pile! Hurray! I swear to god these hacks should focus on the browser-part of their fucking browser.

>he thinks a build in thunderbird is more dangerous than all browsers letting you store emails, passwords and usernames
>some chromium browsers even have autofill for addresses and credit/debit card credentials