You are getting your self cryonically frozen after your deanimation aren't you...

You are getting your self cryonically frozen after your deanimation aren't you? You want to be revived after the singularity right?

Attached: Screenshot_20220214-073542_Maps.jpg (1080x1438, 167.91K)

why would they revive me? less minds = more compute per mind

how would they unfreeze you wouldn't the frozen sludge blood go to your heart and kill you

Yes. I hope they put me next to that cute frozen 14 year old redditor girl with cancer.

they only freeze you after you die, which is even dumber

They have a team standing by upon your death to inject you with an "antifreeze" solution, only for 25,000$ plus tip.

what
do they reanimate you

Sure when they have the technology available, they'll upload you into a computer body after their company gets bought out by Amazon and in their clause you're now a cyborg slave to a corporation.

The idea is that in the far future we will have the tech to revive them somehow. No I'm not kidding, le magical future tech is their solution.

Because you gave them shekels 50+ years ago

What makes you think we wouldn't? Even saving your DNA might be enough to make a clone out of you, or upload your brain scan to a machine.

Blood is drained from the body as I recall. Also right now basically cryonics is essentially a "maybe there's a chance with enough time/tech" sort of thing not a guarantee. While the tech has gotten better (compared to the 30-40 years ago when people started. Those older gen solutions are more likely to have ice crystal etc) its still predicated on reanimation at some future time when new tech is available. It may never end up working if say...we don't find a nanomachine level way to rebuild brain tissue that was damaged etc. The issue is that after death the brain (and other systems but that most of all) can degrade and - assuming that consciousness is not some sort of quantum entanglement thing at least in part beyond the biological; this is actually looking more and more likely. - if you can't fix it, its going to be an issue. Still, its a lot better a chance you'd get vs just having your body cremated or buried and decomposed.

Funfact: It won't realy work. Regardless of injecting you the cryogenic agent, the human body is to large to be evenly distributet in time.

On Hamsters however it works. They are small enough to be frozen and revived. Which was also a reason why a early prototype of the microwave was invented.

We have not the first clue how our brains really work and what makes us us, we're essentially just guessing. If you just want to be cloned you don't need to cryogenically freeze the entire body, you just need a few samples. If you hope that they salvage (You) you and not a clone of (You) as soon as you're brain dead that's it. The brain is still there sure but memories, the specific chemical composition, whatever it is that makes (You) is gone. It's just tissue at that point.

Eh, you only really need to get it to the brain primarily. Hell think some of these actually chop your head off (its a cheaper solution) than freezing the whole body. Still people do freeze the body but if you can get the brain intact you've done the hardest part; the rest if waiting for reanimation tech or some sort of cloning / new body / robot body sort of thing

I suppose that's my strongest argument as well, its a long shot but at least you've given it a try. Also you can have it taken out of your life insurance so you wouldn't have seen that money anyway (fuck dem kids).

I sent you a PM :3

It is theoreticly more plausible... but boy that will be a psychical shock if they revive you.
Anyone could be lucky if following the shock the brain won't just dissolve itself.

But actually you can't transplant the brain. As with normal organs the immune system is likely to attack them. Furthermore missing the whole body you have things like hormones that are produced in other body sections.

Not to mention though its kinda sorta expensive, its really not that bad even for a whole body with it costing $200K+ or whatever. People spend more on grave sites, funerals etc... so if at the worst cryonics turns out to be something between well meaning science that doesn't pan out and/or a techno-religious-futurism its still no worse than anything else chance wise. The bigger concerns exclusive to cryonics are more about eventual revival than anything else (ie it will probably be a last-in first out sort of thing based on technology. Like they'll have the tech to reawaken someone who died only a few years before vs someone who was frozen with 1970s or 1980s methodology)

Well, we're not really sure about that sort of thing (ie there has been sci-fi about a brain blowing itself up without a body but we dont know for sure how that's going to work at all). There's nothing that suggests it WILL happen its more just a shocking element and more comes down to how well we can do in the future with making the brain comfortable in whatever form when it awakens (robotic, cloned etc).

As for transplanting, anytime you'd be able to re-awaken a cryo preserved person you wouldnt be just slapping their head onto a donor body or something. If biological at all it would be a cloned vat grown body made from your cells , but you could also have a synthetic body of some sort iinstead, so worrying about either rejection nor hormonal issues wouldn't be likely. Consider getting a Ghost in the Shell sort of upgrade, or a complete nanobot custom setup. mite b cool, if developed.

Cloning is no good. I do plan to use a cryogenic service but only on the condition that my actual brain (the one typing this post rn) is reanimated in a brain-powered machine or something.

Will not be necessary.
First longevity drug clinical tests will hopefully start end of this year.

But a drug would be too cheap and then stupid and poor people would have access to life extension.

You have a point there...
But maybe thats what a modern society needs..
Enough dumb people to form a critical yes saying mass...
Or Plan B... Something will happen.Maybe a virus.... ?!?! I remember a nice doc about bio warfare science where they talk about weapons (viruses and co) that only infect people with some special genes, found in special parts of the world (example could be the lactose intolrence in parts of the asian world..) ..

Sadly, when the US dollar collapses in the next few months and the Fed introduces their CBDC as the replacement solution, Cryonics is going to run out of funds to keep those tanks topped up.