When will Any Forums admit linux mint is the best just werks distro?

When will Any Forums admit linux mint is the best just werks distro?
>easy as fuck installation
>fast software store not bloated with snaps
>up to date packages with flatpak never even have to use the terminal rarely and don't have to go scouring google searches for apt install commands
>easy interface
>tried and true file manager
>can change themes and colors easily if you don't like green
>comes with a ton of nice wallpapers OTB

Attached: mpv.webm (1746x948, 835.3K)

What value does it bring me (an ubuntu user)
The best distro is the most common one, problems are easy to solve with google

>No KDE

It is. I installed it on my grandma's laptop, showed her how to use the basic GUI, and after that, they just started using it. For facebook and stuff, but still!

Mint is for fags who think they’re too good for Ubuntu. Its literally just Ubuntu with an ugly DE.

This

Ubuntu has some.. issues. for one, snaps are the work of the devil

Instakk 20.10 and try downloading something from the snapstore or whatever it's called

>Ubuntu has a bloated gnome
>You cant change the colors of the system in the settings or easily, stuck with orange
>Uses more 400-500mb more ram than cinnamon, slow as fuck snap installer
>sold out to amazon and companies in the past with spyware
>deprecated software store with no flatpaks
>doesn't have a welcome screen for new users that tells you about how to use the OS
There's plenty of reasons why someone would use mint over ubuntu

>comes pre-loaded with proprietary software

Attached: 8d2.jpg (353x334, 15.51K)

Gnome is not bloated it works great and is easy to use
The 500mb ram difference is meaningless, if you want a light os you can use lubuntu but it lacks features like snapping a window to one side of the screen with the super key
Flatpak works without issues on ubuntu
Doesnt need a welcome screen since its so easy to use
Couldnt care less about the amazon thing

You didnt even name one good thing about mint because there is none
No one cares about DE, only os
Use a well known distro that is easy to fix and find support for
99% of servers you will work with in your job will run ubuntu
Learn the most common tool, so your skills have more value

You don't have to install multimedia codecs. Go take a shower and install linux mint with things that are needed to get work done, maybe you'll even be a useful member of society and won't reek like shit after not taking a shower for 2 weeks.

>works great and is easy to use
gnome is the biggest pile of shit, you can't customize anything and the file manager is garbage. Nemo file manager with cinnamon are extremely user friendly while gnome is a garbled mess which is poorly designed and unintuitive. So yes linux mint is still the best just werks distro.

I've been using it since 2014 as my main OS, I like that it keeps getting better over time, especially the Cinnamon DE.
The only feature I miss is Wayland support and proper fractional scaling (the current implementation is unusable), because of this I can only use it on my desktop and I have to use a different distro on my laptop.
There are definitely things I'd like to change with Mint's software selection i.e. switch LibreOffice for OnlyOffice by default, include Gimp in the standard install etc.
I'd also like to see the Cinnamon settings tidied up a bit, I've been using it for so long that I know where everything is by heart now, but objectively speaking it's not laid out in the most clear way.

I installed it for my father on his laptop because Windows 10 was running extremely slow even on a fresh installation.
All of the software he uses is already available on Linux and I moved his browser profile over, so it took him no time at all to get used to it and he's very happy.

>Its literally just Ubuntu with an ugly DE
Of all the things to criticize that's the most petty reason, you can theme cinnamon if you don't like it and Mint ships with other DEs as well.
Mint ships with a lot of their own tools and programs which are pretty good and useful, and they don't follow Canonicals retarded decisions like snaps.
There's also LMDE, I wouldn't mind if the devs actually move the mainline distro to a Debian base altogether, it's probably better than basing it on Ubuntu LTS.
Ubuntu is a bit better than it used to be, but there was a time where it didn't come with GDebi by default and if you tried to install software you downloaded from the internet as a .deb file you couldn't just double click and install since the store couldn't do it.
It's been a while since I've tried using Ubuntu seriously but I remember encountering a lot of bizarre omissions like this that only make the user experience for a newcomer harder than it needs to be.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-14 15-33-03.png (1091x417, 76.28K)

use xubuntu

problem solved

ah yes, having to remember one command for program installing is way above zoomers mind processing power

Never had a problem with the file system, even if it does have problems - you want to know it well because thats whats used in servers.
I dont need to customize my de because im not a retarted teenager who needs yellow buttons and a borderless terminal

DE literally means nothing, its just there in the background, just use the most common one to avoid issues and find easy fixes because it couldnt matter less what DE you use

No, but if you're going to be the best just werks distro, it matters. Whether you're giving it to a family member, a friend or whoever, it needs to just work and run flawlessly. Ok so someone learns the command to install software, what if they want to uninstall software, what if they want to know how to purge that software and all its dependencies so their system isn't bloated with uneeded shit. Now you have to remember 3 commands.

But you will find some cope to make yourself believe having a simple button that says "remove" is harder.

>You didnt even name one good thing about mint because there is none
You just choose to ignore arguments you don't like.
>No one cares about DE, only os
You interact with the DE not the OS. I care less about the package manager than the DE/software I interact with.
Gnome is it's not easy to use for newcomers and the workflow is not intuitive until you actually put in the effort to learn it.
The file manager is so gimped that people resort to installing alternatives. You can't even create a fucking rext file without first adding it as a template. How is this easy and intuitive?
Even KDE is more lightweight than Gnome. You don't have to sacrifice basic functionality just to get something that isn't bloated.
Snaps are such bloat that a lot of people avoid them and/or remove snapd altogether. If you're just going to use flatpak anyway why chose Ubuntu in the first place over Fedora?
The only argument is that it's become the de facto standard in a lot of places, but that's like defending Windows because it's popular, it doesn't mean it's good.

cinnamon is superior

From my experience, it's basically Ubuntu with much better defaults and better stability. Mint is just meant to fix issues people had with Ubuntu but if the latter already does everything you want, you're probably fine sticking with it.