Has the computer been good or bad for society?

Has the computer been good or bad for society?

Attached: 1642587391925.jpg (615x409, 26.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the end is nigh

bad

Attached: 3770315457_2fac63f490_m.jpg (190x239, 19.12K)

terrible

They have certainly added to the problems and accelerated them for the future collapse that's underway right now. That's the way I like to think about it. I don't think that technology exclusively caused these problems though. For example, women have always been whores throughout history. The promiscuous milkman, mailman stories exist for a reason. Technology just makes it easier for women to ditch their current partner for something better, which rarely happened pre 1940's.

Technology has destroyed the sense of community as a whole. Do I think it is bad more than a consequence of an aging and decaying society, not really. A community in a society that cannot standup by itself deserves to fail, as it is too weak. The american nuclear family has decayed so much, kids hate their parents so much nowadays and most are neets who know the truth that IMO it is not worth salvaging in its current form. There will have to be a collapse as there always is in history to reset things, then we can resume with the baby making and good times. Same shit different day in history.

i think it was really good for society the problem is the created one of the most technical pieces of equipment ever crafted by humanity and catered it to absolute fucking retards for profits turning it into a glorified kitchen appliance. youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg

who is this homeless guy (just curious)

ted kacsnnsndinskty

Which one?

It was all going well until the CIA niggers and FAGMAN companies invaded the industry.

>society
a social construct

Bad.

Attached: image_widget_as6u8202pys61.jpg (952x717, 177.83K)

The desktop computer has been great. Anything portable, however - laptop, smartphone, tablet - has been a disaster for society.

spbp /thread

Attached: 1629231452585.jpg (820x1024, 68.15K)

It has been great for industry, learning and creative expression.

It has been terrible for the average mental health of the individual, the cohesion of society, the existence of any kind of physical community, the stability of civilization and collective virtue.

I'm guessing if we didn't have the computer, people would be watching a lot more TV.

good if you have tools like 4chanx for filter retard people, bad if you haven't

computers are good things society is retarded

Like all fundamentals of technology. It can go either way but society, corporations, or governments have chosen to take the path of degeneracy and indecency. (Those bodies were compromised much before the internet) The internet can be an online library and pretty much was much closer to that early on than it is now. Now its like time square with giant ads and people trying to sell you stuff everywhere except its worse than that. I believe the metaverse is the internet going towards full corruption and corporations with full control. Humans are dumb and docile though so we will go where the carrot leads us. And the internet is just a fast track.

Attached: 1644850632355.jpg (751x1024, 231.85K)

dude you got me hard with that image.
Is the start real though?

Attached: Tacoma-News-Tribune-April-1953.png (600x817, 767.14K)

Internet connected devices are accelerators of society, good and bad. It makes knowledge more accessible and communication easier, but it also amplifies human stupidity, corruption, and tribalism. It simply amplified what we already are. Agent K put it best
>A person is smart. People are dumb panicky animals.

Computers are not the issue.
Capitalism is.

Why is it that poor people are such homophobes?
Childhood trauma?

>Agent K put it best
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

the computer has been good. The smartphone has been terrible

Shut up, faggot.